Alpine 9855 Help

Username: Firestorm

Post Number: 1
I got this deck as a gift a couple months ago.

I like the deck, although, not a big fan of the glide, it does not seem to work for me very well.

Anyway, I had it installed professionally with a Ipod connector, a seperate amp running the head unit and another amp running a sub.

My problem is that the front speakers are distorting when I up the volume due to bass still coming through the speakers.

How can I turn off any bass from coming through the front speakers and have it come through just the sub?

I am not an expert at all, and this deck is very confusing to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2887
Just turn on the high pass filter (HPF) and set the cut-off frequency to something your speakers can handle. If you hooked the sub up to the sub pre-out, the HPF will only affect the internal amp and front/rear preouts.

Bronze Member
Username: Nanbakat

Mexico CityMexico

Post Number: 36
Out of curiosity...how is the Ipod connection that you mentioned? I've heard that it is very slow when displaying info from the Ipod on the Alpine display and I wanted to find out for sure if that is the case.

Username: Firestorm

Post Number: 2
I read about the HPF but I am still unsure how to turn it on.

Ipod - Runs fine. The display is typical speed, not too slow, but not blazing fast either.

I have XM on it also, and that is painfully slow to display artist, song, album information. It is really very annoying. My last Alpine with XM was extremly fast displaying XM info, not sure why this one is so slow.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us