$700 Subwoofer System

Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 3
im looking to spend $700 on a pair of new subwoofers and an amp. i know you guys probably get this alot but what do you think would be the best. im kind of new to all of this so dont be afraid to go into detail if you wouldnt mind.

Bronze Member
Username: Gkaste

Post Number: 13
Personally, I wouldnt put so much money in, its just not worth it. The things people will recomend to you that add up to $700 will be beyond what most people need.

Think about buying a computer. You can buy a really nice computer for 300 bucks. You can get a slightly better computer for 600 bucks. The $300 computer is only 10% slower than the $600 computer. It all comes down to if you want to double the money for the slight advantage. Its all personal prefrence.

If you want the best bang for your buck though, check our some Assasin 10 or 12 inches, or image dynamic overstocks, 10 or 12 inches. The IDs are on ebay, do a search. They are very similar to their IDQ line, and get rave reviews, and are an amazing price.

For amp, I like the Aura 2x150 (will do 540watts rms x1) for only $100 at partexpress.com Might consider picking up their 4 channel amp too for another 100 bones, and make your door speakers sound nice too.

If you are going to build a box, set aside another 100 for wiring, wood, carpet, etc. If you are going to have it installed at a shop plan get quotes before you start buying stuff so you know what kind of budget you are looking at. Could be anywhere from 100 to 300 bucks, depends on whos in your area, how good of work they do, etc.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7342
2 12s RE SE & 1 RE 1200 amp

www.reaudio.com ........

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3644
you can get 2 kicker cvr12s and a kicker kx1200.1 for under $700. that system will be loud and sound good too.

Post Number: 4
what would you think of this
2 rl-p $440
2 audiobahn A8000t $260
would that be alright?
or am i just retarded?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1347
that would be great ss is a geat comapny and those audiobahn amps have been bench tested to put out the correct wattage im just not sure didnt look it up to see if they will match each other ohm wise

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 544
those audiobahn amps can be bout off Ebay for like 110$ but u dont get a warranty....shouldnt b a prob if u dont strees them...

Post Number: 5
i dont know how they would match ohm wise or where to look it up. if someone would please check that for me i would be very greatful.

Post Number: 6
on the amps they are 99.95 on ebay but i was counting in shiping. let me see if i understand this.
the amp will provide 800w at 2 ohm's or 400w at 4 ohm's, and the rl-p is either 4 or 2 ohm so if i was to get the 2 ohm rl-p i could run 800w to it?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 262
get the 4 ohm version and wire it to a 2ohm load to get the 800wrms.

can only run the 2ohm version sub to a 1 or 4ohm load. can run the 4ohm version to 2 or 8ohm load.

Post Number: 7
how would i wire it to run the 4 ohm version at a 2 ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 264
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =1&impedance=DVC4x2

Post Number: 8
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 72
Friend of mine has a A8000T hooked up to a Lanzar Optidrive 12 dual 2ohm and is running it at 1ohm and it pounds! The amp runs a lil hot, but he mounted it on top of the box where it gets good air circulation and i pounds way harder than it did at 4ohm. As far as i know there havent been many problems with it. It's been like this for about 2 weeks now, and he keeps it turned up.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3653
i don't know guys. i still say he should invest a little more money and get the kicker amp. the kicker amps are better built and in the long run he will be more happy with the kicker amnp.

Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 7
i suggest you dont go audiobahn, they are dickheads over there
my 2 cents
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us