Two seperate chambers?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 496
should i divide my box to my subs have to seperate chambers or should i jsut leave it as one big box ( i know it matters if u want to wire ur subs together) but i can either wire mono or one to each channel and it will work either way, i know the whole thing about one sub blowing and the other working with 2 times the air space it needs and risk blwoing that one too...but are the pros to keeping one big box or shoudl i jsut make a dividing wall? thanx in advnace

Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 10
good question, i would like to know too

Bronze Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 11
sry for the double post but, which would be louder

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 214
correct me if im wrong someone but i believe that have two seperate chambers is better because if one sub blows by there being separate chambers it keeps the other from blowing too.

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1081
well there are a few reasons 2 chambers are better.. if one sub does blow it doesnt necessarily mean it will blow the other.. it just means it will be moving twice the amount of airspace like you said , which can be bad for it, it will bottom out easier, especially at higher volumes.. seperate chambers will also make the box more rigid due to the middle piece tieing in all the sides.. one wont be louder than the other
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us