Brahma now what amp

Bronze Member
Username: Ogduncan

Post Number: 12
Im getting a pair of 10" brahmas. they come dvc 2ohm and dvc 4ohm. the 4ohms need a larger box and i believe the 2ohms go lower. What amp should i use to power these.
http://www.adireaudio.com/Mobile/BrahmaSeries.htm

I was looking at the zapco c2k 6.0x if i ran this in stereo 2X600rms at 1ohm would that be good. any suggestions would be great

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1776
get the dual 2 ohm versions. wire the coils in series, then the subs in parallel for a 2 ohm final load. the Zapco c2k 6.0X will be a very nice choice. bridge it for 1200Wrms and enjoy.

kinda pricey, $1700 amp. but if you got the money, you can't go wrong with Zapco.

Bronze Member
Username: Ogduncan

Post Number: 13
brandon do u think the idq subs would sound better than the brahma. also i heard that the sq of an amp got worse as the ohms got lower would this make another amp that could produce the watts at 4ohms better

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1778
its not that the SQ gets worse as you go down in impedance, its that everything heats up quicker, which can cause problems. if you get a good amp, it won't be noticable.

the IDQ's, i don't have any experience with, but from what i hear are right up there with the JLW6v2's in SQ and don't require that much power at all to get going. work well in small sealed boxes too. you could get away with powering theos with just like a JL500/1 and be fine.

and from what i hear about the Brahma, it gets really unresponsive in the higher frequencies, like 60-80Hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us