What should i pack my ML320 with? =\

Username: Prabh

Post Number: 1
yo wasssup, i was reading a old post, which led me to this site debating about the solo x 18, or 12w7s, i gota a Benz ML320 and i want to put a good system in it. I was thinking just one Solo X 18, but after looking at the resposes toward it, i kinda cant decide now, i just want something good with really hard hitting bass, but also sound quality, i dont want the bass to hit so hard that u cant even hear the damn song. and also, i've seen most of the kids around my way with systems, PATHETHIC! the whole just shakes u cant even feel the bass, unless the trunks popped or all the windows are open LOL. i dont want that to happen, what u guys suggest for me to get, subs, amps, anything else to go along with it and something to prevent the car from just shaking. i kinda dont understand the whole operation of the subs such as the dB, RMS, peak watts, etc.. someone care to explain or lead this newb to a online guide =\

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7272
SQ & square subs just dont go together

buy 1 havoc
http://ascendantaudio.com/products.html

put it in a slot ported box & power it with 1 PPI dcx1500 amp .......

Post Number: 3
doesnt really look loud enough, i have around 3000-5000$ to spend, any better suggestions? im not customfitting this in the car, im just gonna put it in the back w/ a enclosure box, could be 2 - 3 subs combined, i dont care, i want some really loud sound and really hard hitting bass, just not too hard that i end up cracking my windows =P

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7279
"""3000-5000$ to spend,"""

really ^^^ !? - with that much $ u can get almost anything tops is SQL .

oh that Havoc is 1600wrms ! - 2 12s / 1000wrms in my ride shakes the steering column & vibrates the whole car ......

Post Number: 4
nice start layin out some good stuff with i can get with the budget. just remember, i dont want people hearing my car rattle, i mean of course the cars gonna shake but i dont wnat them to hear that sh1t instead of feeling the bass and i want qaulity sound to go with the system. thats money from what i've saved from the past 2 months, and some my dads giving me as a birthday gift.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7282
DAMN LUCKY GUY !!!!!

well i'm not familiar with how much space u have
so 1st thing go measure - will it hold 1 12" or 1 15" , 2 12s !?

if 2 12s - why not get 2 13w7 JL & 2 1000/1 JL amps in a ported box .

If ur front doors can hold 6.5" Components - buy either a pair of 150wrms Focals / MB Quart / CDT / JL etc or even Rainbow / Morel .
Power it ^ with a JL 300/2 amp .

Get all of this pro installed by a certified JL dealer - box wiring , deck , high out put alternator ,upgraded electrical , 2 layers of sound deadener etc might make up the rest of ur budget

Listen also to the opinions of other ppl who know on this forum ...

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1313
so if you just want top notch sql then get 2 12" idmax, 2 jl 1000/1 to power them then some really nice comps speakers for the doors and you will need a ho alt for this

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7283
charlie - hey i beat u 2 it on the 1000/1 amps -lol .......

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1314
damnit i didnt even notice lol

Bronze Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 82
2 SI MAG each runnin off a 1000-1200 watt amp.. anything from a orion 1200d or a jl 1000/1 like rovin n' charlie said. some SEAS components running off a zapco amp then a h/o alternator n' a good head unit.. maybe a high-end alpine or pioneer whichever u like more then rest on install, sound deadening, and professionally made box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us