System Help

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

BC Canada

Post Number: 236
i need to know what i need to run this system properly. I have 8 gauge wiring. now i have two dual 2ohm type R subs(2nd gen) and a precision power 2 channel power series amp.

amp specs
1400rms bridged at 4ohm
700rms at 2ohm per channel
350rms at 4ohm per channel

sub specs

dual 2 ohm version
(RMS): 500W
(Peak): 1500W

its going in a chevrolet sedan.

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 237
bump, help anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 13
well you need to use 4 gauge power wire cause 8 isnt quite sufficient enough for that amp, also you are kind of on the brink of needing a high output alternator,you could probly use your factory one but dont be surprised if it goes out, i would just go ahead and get a HO alternator so that then if you decide to upgrade later you already have a good alternator, plus if anything happens you can keep your factory one as like a temporary backup if you know what i mean

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7196
yep - u need better wiring depending on the distance , possibly more like 2gauge

use this guide

http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp ......

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 238
thanks for the reply guys. if anyone has anything to add please do.

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 239
alright i came up with an idea to run a single type R off my amp. since its dual 2 ohm i could possibly hook up each voice coil to each channel and then each coil would get 200rms. can it be done without damaging the sub?.

Bronze Member
Username: Inafia

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 18
grebnereon, u are a douche bag, i install this stuff for a living. his ALT will be fine, slight dimming at some points, but fine, not enuff to hurt it or his elecs in his car. rovin i agree, 2-4 gauge wire would be ideal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
INFIA...how ald are you? i quit using the words douche bag when i was in high school.you should maybe consider growing up, you know, act a little older, like an adult

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 240
so u guys think my idea would work or no?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
with that precision power amp (which you said was 700 wats rms per channel at 2ohms)....i think that you should just use both of your subs (wired to 2 ohms) and hook up each of them to a channel, that would probably be perfect since your amp is somewhat over rated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us