Can i use one cap for two amps

Username: Aduncan_bu

Bonnyville, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
I've got a 12 farad cap and two 1600 amps,,,,can i run both amps off the one cap?,,,,the amps are each running one 2000watt sub,,,,also will i need a second battery even with such a large cap?

Bronze Member
Username: Van_man

Post Number: 46
wether you want to or not, both will be getting juice from the cap...unless you have some fancy isolater on the feed to one of the amps such as a one way diode assembly with osilating merc swithes set to a few degrees off center...

Post Number: 2
so basically the cap stabilizes my voltage overall?,,,,so hooking the battery to the cap and the cap split to both amps is no problem?,,,,,so how do i get the voltage i need to run all my equipment?,,,is it as simple as more batteries or do i need a ho altinator?,,,,i haven't instlled anything yet,,,,i want to get it all figured out first,,,,what do i need,,,money is no object

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 108
dude id sell those amps and get one big amp make it so its not so complicated and not so easy to fu*ck sh*t up.

Username: Mouse5308

Austin, Texas Us

Post Number: 6
I have 2 amps running off of one 5 farad cap Id recommend using a bigger guage cable for the power then just have the other 2 amps hooked on to it, you should be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 911
Allan, this wont hurt at all, in fact, capacitors are commonly used as distribution blocks as well, just make sure your power wire is appropriately sized.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 648
3200 watts total.....what equipment do u have....with that much power u will need an H/O alt......capacitor aint gonna do nuffin but cover up the problem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Well my equipment is quite over rated i've found out so it will be more like 2500watts total when its all said and done,,,,and ive already put my info in for a 200amp alt in the group buy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 654
okay i was gonna bake u....though u were a silly kid think capacitors solve everything...glad i didnt....keep up the good work...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Well i don't know as much as i need to but i've been learning alot on here,,,,and i'll eventually be able to say i know something about this stuff

Silver Member

Post Number: 659
u will lear 1day just a matter of time...learned evrything from hear.....well alot not evrything
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us