Question for the experienced...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2439
okay i installed that tsx in my friends car to hear how it sounds and as i was tuning the amp i noticed i had to turn the gain ALL the way up! thats not right. i tuned at volume 25/35 to ensure no clipping but still. its suposed to have 5V preouts. i dont understand. i think im going to get something to boost the signal. but does anybody know why this would be happening? thanks in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 481
yeah my alpine hu puts out 4v and on my xtant amp, the gain is pretty high. i dont know why, i was looking at the audiocontrol overdrive to hopefully fix the problem.

Silver Member
Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 107
is the bass turned all the way up on the headunit?

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 683
Are you trying to clip your sub?

what kind of amp was you useing?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2442
no the bass is at -2 i think and the sub level is at 0, not off, zero. the bass has to do with the speakers and the sublevel, well, obviously the sub. and tutorials say to tune witht he sub level at 0 so... and of course im not trying to clip the amp. wth would i want to do that lol. its a kicker sx500.2

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 301
first, i would never turn/keep my gain all the way up. you set it to correspond with the HU's voltage, i see you reallize this. but if your not getting as loud as you want with the gain set properly, your amp isn't powerful enugh. By turning the gain all the way up, you are going to send a clipped signal and ruin your speakers. good luck

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2443
no no no, you guys arent getting it lol. i know mostly what i am doing. i use a true rms dmm to tune the amp. however im not saying it isnt loud enough so i keep turning the gain up, thats just dumb. i had to turn the gain up to reach 45V on the dmm. then i used the clamp meter and i got a reading of 312w (i used AxV). so i think there is more room to go. i wish i had an osciliscope. any1 know of one i can get for a good price?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2209
get a bigger amp... :-) u cant just give Treos their rated rms... :-) Also turn up the sub sound level!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us