Alpine

Bronze Member
Username: Berns231

Post Number: 44
i just bought an alpine headunit a cda 9856 and before that i was just using my stock radio in my jeep which i had hooked up to some old jl's and a kenwood amp using a line output convertor. now when i put my new alpine head unit it i hooked the rcas up to the subwoofer out jacks on the back. and now my subs are not even close to being as loud as they were before with the line output convertor anyone know why this would be. i tryed playing around with all the settings but it didnt help much

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2799
This question has been brought up before, and it turned out the gains on the amplifier needed to be re-adjusted. Did you re-adjust the gains once you put the new headunit in?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1592
yeah it has Jexx, and i nailed it, lol.

you went from a pretty high voltage with the LOC down to like 2 volts with the Alpine HU. you have to readjust the gains on the amp to compensate for the decreased pre out voltage.

Bronze Member
Username: Berns231

Post Number: 45
ok ill try that out or is it even worth it chaning it around like will i gain anything from hooking it right up to my head unit. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1607
you'll get the output your suppose to from your amps if you adjust the gains right.

by using the HU Pre Outs instead of a LOC, you'll gain a lot of SQ and some extra adjustments. LOC's sound bad imo.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2805
Yeah the LOC's do sound bad, especially when you're using them for anything above 500Hz.

Username: Tylerdurden

Post Number: 2
I just got a car with an Alpine cdm 7834 and I can hardly see the display. I ordered a new LCD from Alpine but Im not sure how to change it out.
Any tips on this or what the potential problem could be would be greatly appreciated

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2817
It might have many legs to solder...it could be fairly difficult, but I can't tell you for sure until you receive it...

Basically, you just have to remove the screws from the back of the faceplate, pop it apart (be careful with the button that you press to remove the face-it usually has a spring around a thin plastic cylinder-it is extremely easy to lose the spring and easy to break the thin cylinder) then remove the pcb. If there is a clear plastic cover over the LCD (it will be attached to the front faceplate cover), be sure to clean the inside of that as well as the surface of the new LCD as to prevent dust, fingerprints etc. from showing up once you put the unit back together. And nothing is more frustrating than knowing you have to take the whole faceplate apart again just to clean off a few minor contaminants.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us