MELT Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Bino317

Post Number: 9
Heres the problem, i have an 2000watt a ch amp, two dvc 1000 watt speakers. 8 gauge power cable, wit an 100 amp ANL fuse,a 500k farad Cap. and an extra battery, my system bumps, its just that when i turn it up, my radio cuts off and on. and then if i let it continue to play, my subs just cut off. first it kept blowing my battery fuse, so i got the 100 amp,and a 4 gauge power cable so now either the fuses in the amp melts and blows or they just cut off. i'm tired of going back to my trunk to check if somethings burnt up. someone please tell me whats wrong.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Heres the problem, i have an 2000watt a ch amp, two dvc 1000 watt speakers. 8 gauge power cable, wit an 100 amp ANL fuse,a 500k farad Cap. and an extra battery, my system bumps, its just that when i turn it up, my radio cuts off and on. and then if i let it continue to play, my subs just cut off. first it kept blowing my battery fuse, so i got the 100 amp,and a 4 gauge power cable so now either the fuses in the amp melts and blows or they just cut off. i'm tired of going back to my trunk to check if somethings burnt up. someone please tell me whats wrong.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot2

Lynn Haven/Panama City..., FL

Post Number: 13
post the names and brands of your system equipt and do you have a HO alt?

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1130
sounds like your clipping it big time. Post what kind of equipment you have. That's probably all max powering ratings. Also, how high up do you have your gain set? Do you lights on your car dim when you turn it up? Do you subs distort? Bit more info and we should be able to help :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I have a Lanzar 268 2 ch (500 x 2 rms)2000watt 2 ohm stero stable amp, I have two Visonik 12" dvc 1000 watt speakers 4 ohm, I have an extra battery ran to my car battery 4 ga power wire going into a 100 amp ANL fuse, back to an 500k Farad Cap, 16 ga speaker wire.I have the spreakers ran in parallel and are briged. the gain is set two notches before max. My interior lights dim a lil to the beat. the subs dont distort, its just the fuses blow in the amp( two 30 amp fuses) when i try to crank it up.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 533
What's your definition of cranking it up, like all bass levels maxed and volume at nearly 100%?? You are most likely clipping the sh!t out of your system, not to mention that 500 x 2 rms, is not 2000 watts, its 1000. You need to only use RMS power figures, max power is irrelevant in car audio.

And there's your problem right there. You have your speakers wired to a 1 ohm load, on a 2 ohm stable amp.

You need to get a different amp, one that is 1 ohm stable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
thanks, thats what i thought

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 535
Also, are your subs 1000 watts rms or max?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
500watt rms, 100 max

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
500 rms 1000peak

Bronze Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 25
like lewass said your runnin a 1 ohm load.keep the subs in paralell and unbridge it and see if it still does it

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 537
Yea good call ^^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us