Fairly new to car audio

Username: Tippindown

Post Number: 1
hey im pretty new to car audio i have about $1,000 to spend on a system what should i get i have a grand prix with plenty of trunk space
im looking for mostly sql, so what should i go with?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3402
head unit: pioneer premier

amp: kicker kx1200.1

sub: 1 Treo SSi 15.22

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2153
:-) agreed with Chad.. SQL!

Post Number: 2
but will it be like audiobahn sq or does it sound pretty decent? and where can i find this treo ssi?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3403
you can't compare treo subs to audiobahn. i have 2 treo ssi 12s in my ride right now and it has one of the best sq i've heard. also it gets insanly loud. i am in the process of building a ported box for my treos so it will get even louder.

you can go to www.treoonline.com and get their phone number. then call them and tell them where you live and they will tell you a nearest authorized dealer.

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 30
alpine type X in sealed= $275 it would beat pioneer preimier in quality guarenteed plus amp kicker2500.1=$650 thats within your range ud love this setup or u could go with alpine 1000/1 amplifier it prob be better for that sub is only 375 off of onlinecarstereo.com and kicker 2500.1 off of woofersetc.com. 375+275=around $650 or Infinity kappa perfect subs. no audiobahn they cr*p for SQ they only get loud..

Post Number: 3
u know a price for the treo ssi 15.22?
and would that be the best for the money,
sql wise ( but still sounding decent)?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3404
the treo ssi 15 should cost you around $300-$350. i am telling you the treo sounds clean and loud. if you want to go with alpine type X then i have a pair i am selling on eaby. treos kills my type Xs in sq and spl.

Post Number: 4
aight sounds good i guess ill be goin with the treo ssi thanks so would the kicker kx 1200 be the best amp choice? and with this setup i wouldnt need a new alt or anytjing will i, i was thinkin i copuld just upgrade the big 3 and the battery?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2162
ohh oooo....
dont install Treo, if your not going to do a full install... including HO alternators! You will be better off getting a cheap brand...

If u buy a TREO it will last you forever, if you have it installed properly with a good chargin system, so your amplifier wont clip it to death!! 1200rms clipped signal is alot, almost like 2000rms cause clippin doubles the power!!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3405
B is right. without the ho alt you can still hear you car in decent volume but you can't hear the full potential of that sub. my 260amp alternator is being shipped today or monday according to dom at iraggi and when i get that alt installed i can really crank it up without worrying about clipping.

Post Number: 5
so a HO alt is a must, alright and where do do you get the iraggi ones i asked excessive for a price like a week or two ago but they havent emailed me yet. how much was ur 260a? i was thinkin a 200a would be good for me if im runnin a 1200w amp dont ya think?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1551
^agree, but i'd go with the re12.1 amp instead of the kicker, it costs less, and put outs the same, if not more, power, plus i like the look of it over the kicker.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7008
HO calc

http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html

Post Number: 6
cool thanks, i found those iraggi alts on ebay
but none for my car( 2001 grand prix) anyone know if they make one for my car or if i could request that they do or something, or maybe an alternative? and some box help, i tried but all the abbreviaitions and stuff is soooo confusing anyone wanna help lol thanks

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3409
dustin has a good point. i don't know why i keep forgetting about the re12.1. i guess i've used the kicker in the past thats why.

Bryce.....i paid $501.81 for my 260a alt from iraggi. i also emailed nate at excessive and he told me $400 for a 200a alt cause he has to custom make mine. you can go to ebay and type up iraggi alternators. it will give you a long list. see if you can find one for your car there if not then just click the ask the seller a question and tell him what you need.

Post Number: 7
aight sounds good thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2152
hopefully a HO alt for a S10 wont cost too muhc :S
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help