Looking to set up a 'decent' system - please help!!

Username: Eloquence

Post Number: 1
hi guys, i'm a chic so bare with me here cos as hard as i try to understand the car audio lingo, i really don't get it, which is why i'm here
so what i have so far:
(my memory is rusty since i haven't used it in awhile since my deck got stolen)
by the way, this is on a honda accord coupe 2002
i have a JL 10W7 sub and two alpine amps (something like 350 and 500, if that makes sense);
i don't remember if i have tweeters but i did just purchase the alpine cda 9855 deck
i figure speakers come next - and from research so far, i'm making the decision between
diamondaudio HEX series S600a/S600s vs. mbquart QSD 216 6.5"
(by the way, how do i know whether these speakers fit my car or not?)
so please give me some feedback. i do want a decent system but i want AMAZING sound; what else can i add to my 'system' by the way? i don't know if there's a way to mix and match things, so i'm hoping some of the readers here have some of what i have and will give comments based on their personal experience.
i love hard bass (i listen mostly to hard house), crisp clean powerful sound, and how do i put this.. 'concentrated'? (i.e. versus 'dispersed')
my question is vague, but i hope y'all get the picture
please help!!

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 442
it sounds good. I woul go with the Diamonds or another brand, the MB's have not impressed me. Do you have a budget?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1655
youll nedd the 500w amp if it is 2ohm stable mono. that is a dual 4ohm sub, secondly stay away from the mb quart iof possible, not as good as used to be. 6.5 is correct for that car, you will need to run an amp to the door speakers, like your 350w if it is a 2 channel. Your either going to get hard deep base or clean tight base, normally not both. A slot ported box for the JL is nice.

Username: Eloquence

Post Number: 2
hi boys, thanks for your reply. actually, i just purchased focal utopias for the front and focal access for the rears. (i'm not sure if i have the names right). some guy had his system set up in his car with the utopias and the clarity was UNBELIEVABLE! i told the guy i wanted a crisp sound too and he said the power i have in those amps will produce it. i spent a lot more money than i imagined, and here i am NOW reading about Morel Elates and how they're 'to die for.' - i hope i don't regret my decision. on another note, i told some guy i wanted surround sound and he suggested i get the central channel speaker, which goes for about 7 bills canadian. i talked to another guy and he said its not necessary unless i'm listening/watching dvd audio. what do you think? i haven't installed them in my car yet but i hope i'll get what i'm asking for. oh i'm also dynamatting the trunk.
On another note (yes this is long), i got my alpine cda 9855 deck last week and i have to say the sound is just horrible (which is why i'm surprised it has received such awesome reviews). one of the bodyshops tuned it for me but personally i think it still sounded like crap. so i've decided to go back to my old alpine cda 7998 which i absolutely LOVED. hopefully i'll get it in a few weeks. which brings me to another question, why were they discontinued?
ok, so any more suggestions as to what i can do? i want the sound to be crisp, deep, clear, and full - and as simple of a set-up as possible. any suggestions would be definitely appreciated.
tks again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us