New system help

Username: Xslothx

Post Number: 1
im lookin to get two 12" subs and im not sure what brand to get...i was looking at some mtx and audiobahn subs but have no clue what brands are good and what are bad. i also need help choosing an amp. anyone have any suggestions on what i should get. i have a ford escape suv.

Unregistered guest
I would say adire shiva subs with a JBL 1200.1 amp. That would sound great!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2538
waht sort of music?
what's your budget for the subs? amp?
what's the rest of the system going to be?

Post Number: 2
im willing to spend round 600 buks on da subs and amp. i listen primarily to hard rock but i like pretty much everything. i haven't decided on anything in the system yet. so pretty much any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Steveo

?????, CA USA

Post Number: 41
JL, Kicker or Crossfire Amp, JL or Kicker sub. JLW0 sound good with little power. Get a good four chanel amp two W0s and

Kicker 800.4 ($205-$275 try ebay)
2 JLW012 ($150-$200)
CDT CL-61a 6.5 components ($149 www.thezeb.com)
That's a solid system that will have great sound quaility if connected to a good HU. All for under $600.

Post Number: 3
for now at least i think im gonna stick with the stock speakers and just add subs, amp, and head unit. would a KICKER KX400.1 amp work well with 2 Kicker CVR12-2 subs? or would 2 adire shiva subs with a JBL PowerValve BP-1200.1 amp work better? both setups have been recommended to me.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2583
could go with two adire shiva 12" for $125 each, and the JBL bp1200.1 for $290 in a ported box, 2ft^3 per sub, 4" ID ports, tuned to 35Hz.
That'd hit hard. Steve's suggestions are good too. the W0 line is good for a budget system, but the W0 subs are low power, low excursion. They're tight but not exceptionally loud.

look at alpine, clarion, and pioneer for head units
infinity kappa, CDT classic, MB Quart, Memphis audio, or other good brands for components.
If you want good SQ and aren't worried about back seat passengers, forget rear fill entirely and stick with a good front stage for the mids/highs.

Post Number: 4
thanks man dat helps alot!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us