Why do my subs keep blowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Username: Ryanshaw3ball

Post Number: 5
i have tried three different subs in the past two years and i have now officialy blown them all. first, two rockford fosgates 10" punch stage 1, second two sony xplods 12", and finally as of today, i blew a pair of mtx 5500 12". why does this keep happening?

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 137
We need a little more info. How about your setup. What kind and size of box, what amp are you or were you using. What head unit do you have. A lot of factors involved.

Bronze Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 98
well the sony's tell you on the box that they will "Xplod" :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 78
in car audio you REALY get what you pay for.

Bronze Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 48
did you call about the warranty on the RF's? cuz they will replace anything you can blow, i blew my power hx2 like 3 times and i got 2 new ones, the last time it was not under warranty.

But you are probably clipping your amp and its making your voice coil overheat in turn blowing up your woofer.....lol

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 304
Not always the case Maxx, but mostly :-)

Also, sounds like a classic case of clipping! Let me guess, your headlights dim a lot while bumping?

You need a new alternator, and a good deep cycle battery (yellow top or a kinetik). Otherwise watch the volume knob and don't turn it up high enough that your electrical system dips. (Which is unfortunately the boat I am in as of now, waiting till I get a new car before I get that new alt.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us