Need help. if anyone can explain whats going on here

Username: Rustysurfer916

Post Number: 4
ok right now i only have one sub working but when i plug in both RCA cables to the amp then they both move alot but sound like crap. its not the amp cuz one will work even if i unplug one of the cables from the head unit. so right now i only have one RCA cable plugged in. i was wondering if it would be the head unit.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6759
check ur subs polarity 1st to make its hooked up right ......

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1095
it could be alot of things

check the gain
check the ground
make sure the rcas are on the opposite side of power
make sure you box is correct (if you made it

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1293
make sure both subs are getting power but checking the subs them selfs in the box

Post Number: 6
well each sub works on its own. i can have the left one work or the right one work but not both at the same time. i had the same problem with my other 12's but i got a new headunit and they worked fine then i blew them and bought new ones and now i have the same problem again.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1719
out of phase....

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 782
are the subs in separate chambers or is it one big chamber with no divider? probably subs out of phase. swap the output wires on the amp for one sub only and see if that fixes it.

Post Number: 8
i can unplug the wires from the sub and still plug in both RCA cables and the one sub that is working will sound like crap. and what is out of phase meen?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us