Building a built in sub enclosure.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 499
I am designing an enclosure to be built in under my rear deck lid and behind the seat. This will be for one XXX 15 (when it's released) and I will port through the lid. The question I have is that I need to glass/resin straight to the body metal is there a way to promote better adhesion or should I just line the metal with dynamat and use mdf or 3/4" Birch on top of that to shape the enclosure? I will ultimately have to use resin/glass on the inside to seal it up and a 1 1/2" baffle to support the monster. Maybe someone here has done this and may have some tips or maybe some links? Thanks for any and all information, Polo.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 580
how big of box you using polo i wanna see how much space two XXX is gonna take up in a suburban

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 266
Fiberglassing to the metal seems like it would be a very weak seal considering the pressure you are talking about...

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 500
What about glassing MDF or 3/4" birch? Somehow i need to build an enclosure behind my back seat and port through the back deck. I am sure there has to be someone here who has done it? Polo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us