Remote starter

Username: Cedric1050

Flint, Mi United state

Post Number: 4
when starting my remote starter, it runs for 5sec then cuts off ,i have a bypass kit hooked up but, what did i do wrong.

help me please

2000 deville

Username: Angry_dwarf

Post Number: 2
sounds like you need to hookup the tach wire, or teach the tach signal to the r/s.

Unregistered guest
My remote for my Viper 479 car alarm system got washed. Its screen still works, it still beeps and vibrate and looks as though it should still be working. But, when I try to use it the car alarm doesn't respond. The doors won't unlock or lock. Do I need to buy another remote or just program the one I have over and if so how do I program this remote?

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 228
try reprogramming it before shelling out the cash for another one.

Username: Cedric1050

Flint, Mi United state

Post Number: 6
would the tach wire cause it not to start up,
because on some cars i didn't have to use the tach wire.

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 244
it depends on the R/S unit.
not all require it. some will work with some kind of "smart tach" feature. but it is best to teach the unit a proper tach signal. it will help the vehicle startup better in cold weather.
also if your battery get's weak, that can affect it's ability to start.

Username: Gtrben

Post Number: 1
hi im having almost the same problem. i remote start the engine and the starter motor will fire up the engine but then keep on turning and it sounds really bad :-(

can someone help?

thanks ben

Username: Keithf

Oceanside, New york Usa

Post Number: 1
My remote starter has not work right since I got it. I have brought ir back to the dealer and each time he solves one problem another pops up. Now I can not start my car normally with my key I always must use the remote starter and that does not always work. Is there something I can do to fix it or disable the starter?

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 94
yank the fuses out of the remote start wires keith

cedric your car is not seeing the bypass thats why it starts and shuts down after the pass lock see it

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 95
this vehicles equiped with pass key 3 imobilizer you need dei 556u and a spare key to bypass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us