Cant hear my stero

Username: Myexpo

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2
well my problem is that my stereo became loose (someone broke my radio mount while trying to steal my stereo)and it would move a little. well one of those times it turned off compleytely. So i figured it burnt a fuse. I replaced and my stereo turn on but no sound. I have a 1997 ford epedition. It says it has premium sound on the doors but im not sure. Some people have told me that it might have and amp for the speakers and that it burn a fuse as well. Someone else said that i busted the speakers. Is there a way i can tell

Bronze Member
Username: Bkoz

Post Number: 16
what brand and model?

Username: Myexpo

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 5
Pioneer double din its an older model. But i know its not the stereo because i even put on my factory stereo and same prob

Bronze Member
Username: Bkoz

Post Number: 21
If both stereos have the same problem then there must be a short some place. Check ALL the speaker wires and make sure the connections are tight.

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 103
UR DEAF!!

Bronze Member
Username: Atterberry_2006

Montgomery, Missouri United states

Post Number: 34
will there might be a problem with the shortage

Username: Ffejeroni

Post Number: 3
I'd say most likely it has to do with the premium sound. When you plug the radio (stock) back in, does it power up? Do you know how to test speakers with a 9v drill battery? You might want to try that to see if you are getting a signal to the speakers. Good luck...

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 92
no no no no no never use a 9v battery to test your speakers lol. use a digital multimeter to test impedance. then use a 1.5v to test polarity if you have to.

Username: Ffejeroni

Post Number: 10
"no no no no no never use a 9v battery to test your speakers lol. use a digital multimeter to test impedance. then use a 1.5v to test polarity if you have to."

That's weird? I installed for quite some time and that was by far the easiest way to test if the wires are hooked up, it just gives a slight pop? I guess I wasn't a perfectionist :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us