Poly Fill or Not?

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 67
I got a Pair of JL 12w6v2 in a Prowedge box. My friend told me i should fill the inside with poly. He told me it will sound louder and better. Is he right? dun fillin the inside with poly just make the sub think that it is in a bigger box and the w6 are good in small box

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 429
sorry for hijackin ur thread johnny but i got a similar question, im prob going to be able to only fit a box about 1 cu. ft. or less in my s10 for each of 10"cvr's now i was wondering cuz i wanted to get them to be idealy 1.25cu. ft. so they have more low end, couldnt i just add polyfill to my boxes to make them seem bigger(cuz isnt that what it does) and if so is their a rule of thumb, say 1/2 lb of polyfill will give u .5cuft for example...thanx in advance

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1484
Is the box sealed or ported Johnny?

And did the subs come already in the enclosure? I'm guessing it's one of those JL package deals, and if so, they've already done everything that's needed for that enclosure/woofer combination to make it's output and SQ as good as possible.

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 430
does anyone know if my idea for making my boxes bigger will work?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3290
Johnny, i used to have 2 JL 12w6v2's in the sealed jl prowedge box and it came with polyfill stuffed in each 1.25 cuft net chamber. I whould get 1 pound of polyfill for each chamber and it will really help your low end and will sound smoother and deeper. Its definetly recommended by me.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 68
Ok thanks, i will fill the box with poly
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us