Only little sound from the subwoofer

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2973
my friend has 2 type Rs powered by a kicker kx1200.1. the other day he decided to change his pioneer head unit with another one. when he changed it the bass volume was real low. i checked all the settings on the HU and it was good. still there is only little coming out of the subs. you can barely hear them. so we thought it might be the HU so we put the old one back and still no bass. i mean there is some sound coming from the subs but barely. what could be wrong? any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 304
i would check the RCA's... if anything it could be that.. if not try a different amp..

i had this problem once and it kinda just went away.... than came beck than never had the problem again

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3004
thanks for the suggestion james. we checked the rca. we are going to try a different amp on sat. i hope it isn't the amp.

yesterday my friend told me he also had to jump start his car on the day he changed the HU cause his battery is bad. could this be cause of a weak battery?? i mean right now after that jump start his car starts okay. still little bass though.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1602
possibility the battery, hell u could gain dbs from certain batteries..

I would suspect a bad ground too, if rcas has already been checked..

cause if he put back origibnal hu, and its still quite something is wrong...

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 240
I notice that my bass gets much quieter if I run it for a while, to the point that my battery has barely any charge. If you drive around for a while (on the highway) and let your electrical system catch up, then see if that helps. Otherwise it could be the amp.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3005
let me ask you guys something. when you change the HU, do you need to unplug the amp from the battery before you connect everything. cause that is what he didn't do. he didn't unplug the amp from the battery. the four channel amp he has had no problem when he did that.

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 225
i do unplug my amp, but i know people who dont and they have no problems with doing that. i agree with B, check your grounds and go through the HU's options, there might be a sub volume control on there
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us