Which car????

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 972
ok which car should i get, i got turned to another car today, and trever already gave me his opinion. i have been looking at WTX STi for a LONG time, and one of my buddies told me about the pontiac GTO. they are both the same price +- 300 so, which one should i get???

Bronze Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 65
GTO gotta have the V8

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2754
get the WRX. that car is awesome. but then again so is the GTO. damn man i can't decide. they are both nice cars. i think the WRX is faster though. i could be wrong.

lol WTX nolimit???

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6104
Buy a midsized SUV so u can fit any damn system u want in it
- Smiley teeth gif.gif ....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6106
Buy a midsize SUV so u can fit any damn system u want in it
- Upload....

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 77
wrx sti all the way. smoke gto 0-60 and 1/4 mile, all wheel drive and i personally love how it looks.

Anonymous

get the GTO and look at the specks its faster than the wrx.......even thou the wrx's are badd a$s. i still gota go with the gto

Bronze Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 67
400 hp and 395 ft lbs of torque no competition

Anonymous

Buy a midsize SUV so u can fit any damn system u want in it

Silver Member

Post Number: 973
system true.... but V8 in a car... im not TOO much into like LOUD AS$ systems... sorry guys... i mean i got the subs i need, 2 10W6v2's... all im lookin at safty, preformence and speed, and up grades.... which would be best... COMMON GUYS IM GETTIN LIKE 50% FOR EACH!!!!! i need help...

Bronze Member
Username: ___

Pittsburgh, PA U.S.A.

Post Number: 31
Get the GTO!!

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, PA U.S.A.

Post Number: 32
If you got another 3-5 grand for the car get the WRX fo sho the power to weight ratio with a nice turbo,intake,exaust,new susspension and no one will keep up with you especialy a gto

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2757
the GTO with a nice borla exhaust sounds awesome. it sounds so deep and mean. get the GTO man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 974
im thinking the GT)... got the V8 and i have never seen one.... subaru... everyone and their cousin has one GT0 IT IS GUYS!!!!!

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, PA U.S.A.

Post Number: 33
GTO has more trunk space though.

Upload

Anonymous

yea but think about it the subaru is more and u half to add money to make it faster. spend the difrence in prices on performance parts for the gto and u got a car noone can keep up with and plus who doesnt want a V8!!!!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2758
the WRX does look awesome though.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 121
Definately go with the gto.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2763
lol brett. i take it you don't like the looks of that car.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1205
the WRX's are nice and if you do some engine mods, you can really increase the hp.

i don't like the new gto's, to me they look like any other car on the road today. nothing special about them, not even a hint of what they originally looked like either.

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 60
gto if u can keep up with the gas bill!!

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2255
jeep SRT8. system room, 0-60 in 5....badassssss

or maybe a charger SRT8

or the mustang foose just released.

idk theres so many cars to choose from

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1547
Get the GTO. You'll have more trunk space, and four extra cylinders. All the upgrades you can do on that rice burner, you can also do on the GTO, but with much higher gains in HP. There's no replacement for displacement!

Why do you think a lot of newer cars are going back to rear wheel drive and V8s? The future is in RWD, and larger engines.

If you drop a couple grand on upgrading the fuel system and super or turbo charging the GTO, you'll smoke almost any rice burner. The ones you won't be able to beat are putting tens of thousands of dollars into their cars. It's much cheaper to make a V8 fast then it is a "compact car".

(And I know you want to put a new exhaust from headers back and get that V8 rumble...)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5930
American, thats all i got to say..

Honestly i dont like the idea of getting a slow car (Wrx) and spending thousands of dollars, to make it fast. Just buy a fast car and make it faster (vette, etc)

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 833
I would 100% go with the wrx they just loook so nice and the gto kinda looks like just another pontiac car yes I know it has a huge engine but also remember gas prices will be cheaper with the wrx that car is just nasty wish i could afford its price tag

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 874
I agree with Charlie.....the WRX looks 1000 times better than the GTO. If I seen a GTO and WRX going down the road, I'd probably just think the GTO is a normal car, but the WRX will deff stand out. If you want something that looks deadly and still get's a long pretty good, then go with the WRX. However, if your not big on looks, but want a bigger engine and don't mind paying the gas bill, then the GTO is for you.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6120
I would prefer a 3rd GEN Mazda Rx7 ......

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1440
i know both are sweet cars, but man, if u know anything about cars... it would be a easier choice than u think.... GTO! and their are many mods for the GTO also... I bet it will spank the WRX also...

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 194
WHOA hold up, I know a LOT about this particular subject, in fact two of my best friends own both those cars, and I've had countless hours in the shotgun seat of both, and a couple hours driving both. Also, I am more of a car fanatic than a basshead, although my enthusiasm for bass is rapidly growing..

First off, let me dispell the rumour that the GTO is faster. IT IS NOT. If you get a 2004 STi vs 2004 GTO, it wouldn't even be close. If you take the newer GTO (which by the way has been discontinued) then the race would be a bit closer, but the WRX STi will beat that GTO all day long. It is night and day difference. Like picture 2 full car lengths before 60. The GTO is a grand touring car, very comfortable to sit in, handles OK, brakes are good, accellerates OK. It is overall much more solidly built than the STi.

BUT. The STi is a full blown race car compared to the GTO. A skilled driver at the wheel of the STi could run circles around the GTO in a drag race, at the track, braking, basically it owns it in every possible performance category. Curiously it does it with 100 less horsepower too :-)

The downside is that the STi, being a 4 cylinder, is not going to be nearly as strong in the electrical department for powering a large system.

Rovin: Definitely, they just don't build imports like they used to. How is it that the RX7 is like 1 full second faster than the RX8? And how is it that the Nissan 300ZX is much faster than the 350Z?? I would prefer a Supra TT myself :-)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1445
thw wrx sti is a very fast car stock, lets put it that way.. and im not doubting that the 4cyl can be just as fast as the 8cyl stock, but if he do any modification to the GTO 6.0, lets see what happens, the WRX is going to get spanked like a girl!

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 195
Yea it is a great engine, probably one of the top 5 car engines ever built. GM might be going through trouble financially but they don't fk around when it comes to their vette engines.

The 2 cars are just totally different worlds. The GTO is kind of like the mustang, they can go fast in a straight line, but ask them to go around an exit ramp with a yellow warning sign saying 25 mph for the turn, doing 75 mph while accelerating into the turn... it'll kill you. And I've done that turn in both WRX STi and Mitsubishi EVO VIII. I've sat shotgun through some of the most rediculous sht you could imagine in those cars, and it forever changed my impression of them. They are in a class all their own.

The fastest WRX does 8.598 @ 155.72 mph. So they DO get fast as hell also.

I'll have to make a video of that entrance ramp to I-75 here in michigan. My buddy's evo has been in the shop getting fixed from a nearly totalled accident. He and I have gone around that ramp at nearly 80 mph with not even a peep from the tires, it feels so fast that you think you couldn't possibly still be gripping and that your death is imminent. It's hard to explain, but I have driven and riden in more exotics than I can count (rich family members and 2 years of valeting at various fine restaurants and country clubs), and I have never felt that indescribable feeling that I get in the Evo and STi in even ferrari's.

So in summary, NOLIMIT, if you are looking into the STi, also check out the EVO, it has a leather option that is fking fantastic. The nicest Black leather Recaro racing seats ever made. They even allow a 6'5" person (me) to sit more comfortably in the back seat than even most mid-size and some full-size sedans! (The back of the recaro set is contoured to allow your knees to have ample room on either side of the seat in front of you.)

I wouldn't even consider the GTO an option in that price range if it were me..

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 196
Oh and BTW, someone ran a red light and T-boned my buddy in the evo, it wasn't his or the car's fault in any way.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 835
oh rovin and lewass i would have to agree with you guys on the rx-7, 300zx and the tt supra

rovin 2 years ago b4 i got my pos car i was so close to getting a 94 300zx with body kit and rims for 5 g's but the kid backed down i was pissed. I would have been so happy with that car

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2781
lewass since you have been in both cars, which car would you recommend. comfort and lookwise

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 564
"jeep SRT8. system room, 0-60 in 5....badassssss"

fockin right lol thats whatd id get and put a sick system in it

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 198
Between Evo and STi?

It's a very tough choice. I like the looks of both (at least after you debadge the STi a bit), but for me I would have to go for the EVO. You just CANT beat that leather package, the seats are just so ingenious and perfect, Black on black leather is my top choice for any fast car.

I would have to say that the STi has a better powertrain, especially that it's got a rear wheel biased torque split. It can go from 50/50 power front/back, to 35%front/65% rear. So it is just slightly tail happy like a RWD car around turns. (Which is the way it should be)

But the evo on the other hand, goes from 50/50 split, to 60 front/40 rear. On paper I was pissed off about this fact. But once I got to ride in it and see for myself, this thing really does kick a.ss with that front wheel torque bias. It just feels like you are being precisely guided by wherever you angle the steering wheel. It can put the power down and keep it down during and through a complete turn, because it's pulling you around so the car doesn't oversteer or understeer at it's limits. It is as if the Evo is perfectly balanced and when you really push it to the limit it slides completely neutral, which is very confidence inspiring.

Both powertrains are superb, and most people probably would not be able to tell the difference, but in the end, it is the black leather interior and the REDICULOUSLY grippy tires on the Evo that make it my top choice. (The tires were not only made specifically for the rims that come with the evo, but were also made for the evo. And it is very obvious when you push them to the limit.) And the evo is a bit quieter overall going over bumps on the road. (Which I imagine would also mean it would have fewer rattles with a system put in)

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 199
Yea I agree, I've also had the chance to sit in the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee (in the dealership :-( ). It is in a totally different price range than we are talking about. It's $45k and these cars are low $30k. But if 45 grand was the price limit, I would seriously, seriously look into that SRT-8. It just looks incredible with those stock 20's and huge brembos. Huge Nav screen too. Plus you can't deny that having speed AND a killer system is the greatest combination on earth :-)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1448
i hope SRT-8 has a diffrent jeep suspension, cause I hate those older Cherokee suspensions! Too much like a car, and not stable at all in turns! stock 20s are nothing, Cadillac did that like 5years ago, on the Escalade! Ive seen the new Tahoe up close, its a beauty too; it also comes with 20s! amazing... its a Cadillac now
The 2007 Yukon * Yukon XL are killers!!

As you can see, Im a GM guy...
I must agree Lewass their engines are indestructable! I belive the engine in my car makes the list of top 10 engines! the GM 3800 (3.8). Also GM sold that same engine to Cherokke in 70somnething, they still use it slightly modified in the Liberty 3.7L

Talking GM cant forget the good "Northstar"! << thats 1 serious indestructable BEAST!

Too bad all American companies are going pooop. Starting to use plastic in some the newer engines and stuff..

Username: Real_mccoy85

Hilliard, Ohio

Post Number: 6
GTO all the way. Both look good, but STi are only real cool after dumping your bank account into after market parts.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1449
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5674
Mustang? Cheaper, modular engine is rock solid, and you can put the money you save into performance upgrades (esp. supercharger) and smoke an Evo or an STi. GTO is overpriced for what you get, chassis is outdated and doesn't handle as well, it's heavy too.

Or you could wait for this new GT-500 that's coming out :-).

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5675
"i hope SRT-8 has a diffrent jeep suspension, cause I hate those older Cherokee suspensions! Too much like a car, and not stable at all in turns!"

I hate an post 1980s Jeep. I'd rather have the older CJ before the wussification that took place in the 80s so that girls could look cute in them.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5332
Yeah but that srt-8 with the HO hemi is SICK! Amazingly fast, highly modifiable, large(room),not very expensive, GASGUZZZZZZZZZZZLER's,I have the 5.7 hemi and it drinks gas while it's not running I swear! lol As far as the STI vs the GTO I say STI all the way, better fuel economy, lighter, better looking(I think). However I do agree with Jonathan about teh mustang idea. Highly buildable, no shortage of mod's, nice looking, and come on man it's a stang!

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 206
It all comes down to whether you care about more than just straight line speed... If thats all that matters to you, you shouldn't even consider STi or Evo. If you want the whole package (Acceleration, Handling, Braking) then a mustang is probably the worst choice out there. Not to mention the "fix or repair daily" aspect.. which is totally true, my buddy with the GTO had 98 stang GT for his first car, 91 LX 5.0 with everything but the supercharger which ran a 11.90 1/4 mile for his second car, and then a 94 5.0 cobra that he had supercharged for his third car, then finally the gto.

Basically my point in listing those is that I rode along in all those cars for many many hours, and even with the seat pulled all the way back and leaned pretty far back, my shins still hit the front dash in current gen mustangs, and more importantly to you guys, is that they had problem after problem after problem. None had over 60k miles on them except the 91 LX.

So anyways, while I could literally write pages and pages about all my experiences with any of these cars you guys mention, I can sum it up in a couple sentences:

The Evo and STi are FAR superior performance cars than anything else within $15,000 of their price range.

You want something that seats 4 (5 if you must) drives like a damn supercar, and costs less than $35,000 new? The only thing you should be worried about is whether the Evo or the STi is the better one for you. Period. :-)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1452
agreed with lewass on that 1! mustang is good car, but everytime I see one, somebody got the hood open, working on one! this mexican guy back at my complex, his mustang 5.0 blew up in his face with the hood open! he said bad plug wires... << lets just say it damaged his sweet candy colored mustang with big burnt marks on his hood...

gm makes great cars with tons of potential I think. The problem they have is making a 90% great car then making it heavy, mushy (suspension).. I hate them for that!!

but look at the new Cobalt, that little sucker will run with you!! Ive seen those HS kids killing that lil thing, it really moves fast!!
Then the best example of GM company would be the NEW CORVETTE!!! its light as hell, fast as hell, stops on a dime, SWEET suspension, big smallblock engine at what 7.1L?? Look at it on the road, at the light, it looks like its moving!!

Big Ole FORD stamp =

"fix or repair daily"
OR
"found on road dead"

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 565
while were on the subject, ford=Fix or Repair Daily, have any of u guys dealt with the land rover LR3? I believe ford owns lard rover. anyways my dad had one. Damnnn, biggest POS ive ever been in. the thing DIED on the road for no reason what so ever a few times. Random sh!t on the car would break (belt buckle covers, side bumpers, power locks, ENGINE.. u name it lol.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1456
lol , yepp

Rovers = Ford
Jaguars = Ford
Lincoln = Ford
Mercury = Ford
Ford = Ford

If i got the $$ to buy top 2; Im sure Ill have the $$ to get them fixed. but even if I had the $$ I still would make a better choice!

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 566
haha yeahhh ive had bad expierences wit all those cept lincoln and mercury. my dad has an old school v12 xjs jaguar, nice car but i havent been in it in years that thing is always in the shop haha and dont get me started on ford trucks, even though i own one hahaha only thing i like bout my truck is the sound system lol.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1457
haha, lol
like the new mustang that comes with a 1000 watts factory audio system!!

"Ford trucks built tough" lol, still smile when I see that 1 on TV! everyone I knew with a ford 150 truck has had extensive engine work done to it!

Im not a big truck fan, but that GMC Sierra is 1 mean a$s truck!!! King Cab with the extended bed package 2500HD? It will make anyone want to buy it!

GMC Sierra & Nissan Titan are the best looking trucks in my opinion! They are built way tougher than FORD 150!

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 567
hahah yeahh ive always been into trucks, but i have to say that imo the new ram 1500 ext cab is the nicest lookin truck, or that ram power wagon, ive never driven one but i think they both look sick.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1458
well since they posted pics of the Subaru. Ill post pics of the GTO..

A 6.0L LS2 aluminum V8 powerplant pumps out 400 horsepower, helping to make the 2006 Pontiac GTO the most powerful one ever built. A taut, rear-wheel-drive independent rear suspension was a given. And an available Tremec close-ratio six-speed manual transmission was also a given.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

^^^^^^^^^^^^
it will kill alot of cars on the street! Once u know how to drive it! my2cents....

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1459
goodness that new ram is the longest truck on the road period! its like a bus... its REALLY SICK!!!
king cab PLUS extended cab, recline back seats, extended bed.....
they did test it and said it cant hold 6, lol too tight in the middle front seat!

Dodge trucks are also really really fasssst.......

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2784
here is the ultimate right here. lol

Upload

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1460
Chad thats nice, but I must say their is better:

Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 568
yeah those vetts are nasttyyy

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1461
wanna RACE Chad? j/k lol
put that engine in your car... you will warp the frame!

Richard I must say the Vetts are SICK!! I seen that same color last week... OMG!!!!! I think that guy held 1st gear all the way down the street, lol, too much traffic!! I followed............

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 570
dammnn haha, yeah last night a saw a new viper in that yellow with some chrome yellow rims... holy sh!t did it look nice lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2785
alright B here is one for you.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1463
^^^ SICK^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
u win CHAD!! lets forget GM now.. hehehe

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 209
LOL, you guys are reminding me about my love for cars, I've been focusing so much on systems lately...

Ok let me make some comments on the pics u guys put.

First, the new Z06 FTW!! HAHA
Second, not to make you guys jealous, but my uncle has a red 2005 Viper SRT-10. My other uncle just bought a brand new Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale (360 modena on steroids for the track), and a random Mercedes AMG for his daily driver. Then my other uncle has 6 series BMW 6 spd stick for daily, and the ultimate sleeper: a silver Porsche boxster convertible, debadged, stock everything else on the exterior, with a motor swap for a 2004 carrera engine, with chip and cats removed (320 hp in a lighter package than the carrera, i think it runs 0-60 in like 4.2 or 4.3).

That S7 Saleen, bet you didn't know they are working on 2 higher horsepower models of it. One will be 650 HP super or turbo not sure, and then the KING will be with around 850 hp twin turbo!!! The drivers seat is not adjustable, but rather it is made specially for each client. There is no rear view mirror, but rather a full time rear view camera (early models had a built in screen, newer have a flip out screen I believe)

Hmm one nice thing about that New Saleen mustang, they didn't just body kit it and up the hp a little this time. For this new mustang (the first with a new platform since the 60's! Which is pathetic as hell in my opinion) they redid the entire interior for the saleen version. And you gotta love the look of the rear of that car, beautiful!

And also, here is my buddies STi he just got a couple weeks ago after we debadged it front and back. Note: This car has gold wheels which looks shitty IMO, so picture it black on silver wheels for proper effect. Notice how much better it looks without the huge pink STi lettering on the fog light covers
Upload

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2788
so lewass saleen and the mustang are total different cars then. why did they use the mustang body?

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 572
ohhh sh!t u got some wealthy uncles eh? haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 975
so basically its what a prefer to get? the STi is a MUCH lighter car thats why it could run circls around the GTO. BUT the GTO has the capability to be faster. i looked at the stats and the TS of the GTO is 158... and the WRX STi is 155. idk how much money you would have to put into the GTO to make it as fast as the STi off the line, but im sure it would be alot. but being a V8 it could kill it... eventually... after thousands of after market accessories (sp?) The STi comes with a role cage out line, so all it all, the STi would be much safer. But seeing how much heavyer the GTO is, it would have more of a cintrifical force if i were to hit someone, and most likely destory them and the car i hit. but protect me more because of the HUGE V8 in-front of me. RIGHT??? but with the STi you can get it steel reenforced and have it fomed to make it even more sturty. IDK what you can do to the GTO. what safty precausions can you do to the GTO?? i konw you can do alot to the STi because it dubbles as a rally car, but what about the GTO??!!??!

Silver Member

Post Number: 977
Lewass i'd prefer your opinion over anyones, you seem to have the EXACT tast i do so what do you think i should get.... if i go either im going to get Diablo lionheart 18" or 20" and about 5k into upgrades. what should i do

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 212
The 2006 Mustang and the 2006 Saleen Mustang are very alike in the mechanical sense, but saleen used totally different interior panels than the regular, to give it an extra special feel.

I guess the most straight forward answer to your question about why the mustang, is because this car is a Saleen Mustang. Saleen makes a variety of cars (Saleen Explorer for example, which a guy I know has an all white one with 20" white 5 spoke rims, it looks pretty dope).

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 661
don't put any of those wheels on either of the cars the sti or the gto. those are performance vehicles and the wheels are show wheels and 20's will not fit on an sti and if they did the car would be ruined the gto might fit 20's but that would not look right at all. even 18's would ruin the goal and overall package of the vehicles. the gto should have a staggered wheel package on it w/ like 18x7.5 in front and the 18x9.5 in the back either 18's or 19's would work well on the GTO but don't get those kind of wheels for these particular kinds of vehicles

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 213
Well the GTO definetly isn't as safe as you would think. It's a big solid car, but my friend actually got in a fatal car accident in it. He was ok but his friend in the shotgun seat didn't make it. He was driving like a dumb as.s going like 80 around a turn down a dirt road in Ohio, and the car caught an edge apparently and flipped like 4 or 5 times. He is actually serving time right now for like third degree manslaughter, which is a sad story... So I don't think you could judge how safe it is by this story, but it happened nonetheless.

The GTO will take bigger wheels easier for sure. I wouldn't go any bigger than 18 x 9 inch rims for the STi. My favorite rims by far for an STi are by prodrive, called the PFF7. They only come 18 x 8, but they look pretty sick with that car, like Black STi on British Pewter PFF7's would be too nice!

If you can afford the leather option on the Evo, I would seriously check into it. Me being 6'5" I can't tell you how important it is to be able to sit comfortably in a car, and the evo fits me just about perfect in all the seats (not b!tch seat though, haha).

But both STi and Evo I would recommend over the GTO. If you must have big heavy rims I would go for the GTO though, because in an all wheel drive car having heavy wheels adds a ton of moving mass to the drivetrain, not good. I would get some rims that were tailored to the car.

Oh and 1 GREAT thing about the subaru, is that you get the best forum for any subject ever. www.nasioc.com is as good as you could possibly ever want a forum to be. As far as knowledge database, expertise, specific info for every possible item in that car, etc..

The evo forums aren't nearly as nice...

Silver Member

Post Number: 980
really? then what kind should i get? i love crome so what should i get then?

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 214
If you got 5k to spend on upgrades, you'll be able to get either the STi or the Evo probably into the 11's. Like 11.8 or so? I could be a little off, I should ask my buddy who reads Nasioc like a priest reads the bible. Go sign up for www.nasioc.com and make a post asking how fast you can get to and what mods you should do to get there, on that forum you'll get like 20 expert responses within the first few hours...

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 216
Ok my buddy with the STi is on his way here to my office, should be here in a couple minutes, I'll have him type you a good answer as to what you can and should do with an STi and 5k for mods.

Oh and having those 2 10w6v2's will be fkn perfect for the STi. You will definitely need to spend a good summer day dynamatting and sound deadening the sh!t out of it though. But those subs being SQ and being 2 10's, you couldn't have a better audio setup for the STi. My friend has infinity kappa components in his, and we are looking into a good amp and sub for it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 981
its not letting me post a new thread... that place is confusing...

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 278
Wow my car blows.

Silver Member

Post Number: 982
LOL^ Josh, thats funny. ok thanks Lewass.

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 218
Ok heres my friend:

whats up, well firstly...you coming from a japanese car; will not be pleased with fit and finish of the GTO...so throwing money at the GTO will be a bad investment...as it will not last as long as the subaru(i have owned 3 imprezas and they will not give you problems)

If you really don't care about doing anything but being fast in a straight line; get the GTO

with 5k in mods(well planned, i can help) you can have a car that will be in the low 12's

with 5k you can have a full turbo back exhaust, new turbo, front mounted intercooler, fuel injectors....but you will need to spend extra cash for a pro tune(adjusting: fuel, timing, boost, air to fuel ratio)...etc.

you could go into the 11's and lower if you wish

EASILY, not to mention the gto will have traction issues its whole life..you add power to it and i will beat you everytime because my power makes it down to the pavement lol. not to mention i'm 13.1 1/4 mile stock, GTO is 13.3

bottom line, get an STi or an evo; you will be very happy and will always have the ability to race people and be able to put power down and beat them(any time of the year) as you will ALWAYS have traction

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 219
HAAHAHAHA, We are sitting here in my office about to jet, and my buddy goes "OHHH I HEAR A SUBARU" and so we both head over to the window, and a few seconds later a 2006 STi goes rolling by in front of the office.

This kid knows his sh!t. He can hear one coming from a mile away, like as if B was cruising in this direction... hahahah

Silver Member

Post Number: 983
lol. ok what im lookin for is a FAST car and SAFE... its kinda wierd to want both, but you all know about my brother, so yea. im worried about all aspects of getting hit or hitting someone. would you recomend the WRX STi or just the STi? if i get JUST the STI i would ahve about 8k to put into it. depending on the price. i dont' think its more than the WRX STi. i don't want an evo because my cousin has one, and i don't want the same car as anyone else in my family. right now i have a japanees car. Lexus, so i should be used to the feel of a jap car or what ever, my mom has a FWD cadi and its a POS, no joke. for all the up grades on this car, what kind of rims should i get
http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=111150&InfoID=2505&S howLarge=True&SnipID=3000
those are what i want. but ucfsaxman told me i shouldn't get them. idk, i love the look of black on crome, it looks SOOOO clean cut! so any recomendations, keep that in mind

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 248
Upload

dude just buy a moped... it comes with a free pig

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 197
toyota supra tt, also another car you should consider. runs 13's stock too. to this day still love that car :-) and one of the best engines ever.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 289
Wait for this bad boy,

07' CAMARO !!!

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 985
i don't like it... the front is WAY to long... looks kinda like a bullet or something... and the cab is REALLY short... i'd hit my head lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2801
heres a car you can drive around in style. lol.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Trinidad & Tobago West...

Post Number: 309
i will just get a Mini P00per and call it a day lol B that suburban looks ugly to me lol i will rather have an all black 2007 chevy tahoe. That camaro looks kinda ugly ive seen one in a different color and it looked beter than that one.

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 281
Um i think the thing b posted was a tahoe.....lol...wait it was a Yukon.

Bronze Member
Username: Bassjunkie0320

Post Number: 12
OK i don't know much about car audio..but I do know quite a bit more about cars and the WRX is a sick car and one of my favorite.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1474
umm Yukon XL DENALI 6.0 Vortec...
i think it looks sweet, & diffrent, but still got them Cadillac head lights... looks like a beauty to me, I could see a real system in that!

also the new suburban is the same as the XL, they share the same FRAME, so does the Caddy ESV! I thought that was known already....

this is what suv should look like! put a stupid system in that!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 213
The WRX STI and the STI ar ethe same car. same 2.5liter turbocharged adn intercooled car. The STI is based off the WRX platform. Another plus about the STI is it is all wheel drive. The suspension on it is amazing.Here is a link comparing the two. http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=105773/pageNumber=1

Silver Member

Post Number: 986
what would be the BEST car for about 32k? if you read my post you see what im interested in. speed and safty. and not an evo. but 32k for the best car?? which one

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 290
don't really know what safty is, but get a chrysler 300c

Silver Member

Post Number: 988
ew, those are wana be bentlys LOL. no offence to anyone, but they are a black person car

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1478
why would they be a black person car? because its a wanna be bently? << talk about a stero-type

so a mini-van is a white womens car??<< just asking?

Silver Member

Post Number: 990
no, not a wonems car, a mom's car. no its not a black persons car because its a wanna be bently, its a black person's car because the only people that drive them that i see are black

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1479
ok, nolimit... lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5680
"GMC Sierra & Nissan Titan are the best looking trucks in my opinion! They are built way tougher than FORD 150!"

Yup, from the anemic chassis, to the lethargic GM powertrains, to the cheap sheetmetal, the cheap plastic interior. Why is it that GM has to offer $9,000 worth of rebates to sell a truck? :-)

Nissan Titan is a pile of crap.

F-150 is built better than they could ever dream of being. If you study everything from the chassis design, to the interior, to the engine design, the sheetmetal, you'll see why. Only other competitor they have is Dodge.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5681
I want to know why GM can't make a vehicle that looks like something other than a cheap 80s shitbox, though.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1480
wow, the Titan a big pile of crap? Nissan engines have allways been solid...
Didnt Ford hop on the rebate waggon also? or customer/employee rebate? forgot which 1, I think every car company tried that after GM!!

I think both Ford & GM went pooop... GM just getting more publicized lately.. Ford is in the exact same boat... But which is really tougher?
They both need some changing...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5682
"wow, the Titan a big pile of crap? Nissan engines have allways been solid...
Didnt Ford hop on the rebate waggon also? or customer/employee rebate? forgot which 1, I think every car company tried that after GM!!"

They are the LEAST reliable truck on the road on every single statistic out there. Yes, GM essentially forced every other american manufacturer to "hop on" the rebate wagon, because americans do crossshop. Unlike GM, Ford and Dodge were capable and were selling vehicles WITHOUT rebates prior to the employee discount promotion. Basically, you can thank GM's incompetence for a lot of Ford and Dodge's profit slumps this year.

"I think both Ford & GM went pooop... GM just getting more publicized lately.. Ford is in the exact same boat... But which is really tougher?
They both need some changing.."

Ford = strongest chassis, best track record of reliability, highest TRUE towing ability, not to mention it rides like a luxury car. If they weren't reliable, they wouldn't continue to be the best selling truck. The most common thing I hear from people that bought an F-150 is "yup, I used to have a Z-71...pile of sh*t." Regardless, preference comes into play. I put well over 300,000 miles on my 87 F-150 with minimal problems. Quite a few will say the same. Ford has had some iffy vehicles, but the F-150 and the Mustang are their babies-they will make certain that they build them well. Super Duty and the Dodge Ram HDs are the better heavy duty trucks, GM dead last IMO. 2007 Super Duty is getting a 6.4L Twin turbo Powerstroke :-)

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1553
"The fastest WRX does 8.598 @ 155.72 mph. So they DO get fast as hell also."

That's not a daily driver either...

And I'll race anything on the street. I have an '82 Z-28 running low 8's, completely street legal. Yet to loose to a street legal car...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1481
well the trucks are built tougher than their cars for sure.. when I was referring to the f-150 I mean 90-00 in particular... I would hope the older stuff was more reliable! my generation has seen poo from ford. im not discredting their trucks too much, but those cars suck... the mustang is the reliable one?

"I want to know why GM can't make a vehicle that looks like something other than a cheap 80s shitbox, though."

mmmmm, I dont see ford doing any better.....
Also take a look at the new Fusion, its looks like a fake Cadillac CTS in the grill.... I hope they arent copying now... I must also say GM cars have way more technology than ford...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1482
82 camaro is sweet, I still like that body camaro...
8's and street legal... damnnn

hey we need a car section on this forum.........

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 369
buy a HPA R32 golf and laugh at the rest

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1483
yea, those golfs are really fast... good suggestion alteraudio, someone should have brought those up. plenty off modds too... could also be a extreme spl vehicle!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5683
"mmmmm, I dont see ford doing any better.....
Also take a look at the new Fusion, its looks like a fake Cadillac CTS in the grill.... I hope they arent copying now... I must also say GM cars have way more technology than ford..."

Yup, those 80s GM V6s and 4 speed automatic trannys really are cutting edge, I must admit.

Most of Ford's new cars are tapping into their resources, the Fusion is based upon the Mazda 6, the 500 is based upon a Volvo platform, Mustang is on a Jag/Lincoln chassis, Focus is based somewhat on the Mazda 3, there are other examples. Engines are Ford, Mazda, some Jaguar (Lincoln LS). Most of the Duratec engines were originally developed by Cosworth (racing), they are highly capable motors that love to run, unlike GM's lethargic old 80s pushrod motors. Their other motor is the Modular engine, which you'll notice has been on Wards 10 best engine list nearly every year since it's been introduced. The GM V8 engines haven't made it to that list yet, BTW. Nothing wrong with pushrods if you do it right, they just don't do it right.

There is a ton of difference between Ford and GM right now, mainly due to the fact that Ford is actually putting effort into their renaissance. Dodge/Chrysler is doing the same. GM is stuck in a time capsule. GM does have *some* technology to give you, but most of us can't afford it.

Silver Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 182
dude just get a Lambo and every 1 here will be happy....and hatin...lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5684
BTW, you know the Aston Martin Vanquish V-12 engine? It's two Ford 3.0L Duratec engines fused together, built by Cosworth. Hints at the potential ;)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1490
jonathan I hear you on GM with them pushrods, its old a$s technology.... but they still using it, somethings right.... but what about on-star, heated winsheild fluid, magnetic suspension, etc...

the trannies are a bit outdated... but GM revoloutized the FWD vehicle... what about the new pontiac GTP with the 5.1L FWD? no slip on the FWD!

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1491
^^biggest engine in a FWD vehicle! GTP

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 963
ah another gm vs ford.... lol that onstar thing is so stupid,, i think they only reason they got that in all there vehicles is so u can call them when it breaks down.. hey jon i need a new car .. whadda yeh think of the 04 cobra? theres one around here for pretty good deal.. of course have to get another stang

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2821
get the saleen mustang mark. that car is sweet. but then again so is the cobra.

Silver Member
Username: Jarryd2018

Post Number: 105
i say get a 2003 cobra and buy a smaller pulley for the blower and some free flowing exhaust with some 4.10 gears in the back and roast both of them. god damn thats my dream car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 991
ok guys... remember 32k is the cash limit for this. if it wasn't, i'd look past the saleen and cobra (POS ford) and i'd get a Cadilac XLR. OR i'd get a maybach. but 32k is the top i can spend...

Silver Member

Post Number: 992
oh, and it hased to be brand new.got about that part

Silver Member

Post Number: 995
does subaru only make a WRX STi? or do they make a STi only??

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1495
"ah another gm vs ford.... lol that onstar thing is so stupid,, i think they only reason they got that in all there vehicles is so u can call them when it breaks down.. hey jon i need a new car .. whadda yeh think of the 04 cobra? theres one around here for pretty good deal.. of course have to get another stang"
MARK

^^^^^^
lol
funny, I guess BMW, Mercedes too want you to call for help when they break down, or email you when you have a problem with your car....

Ill take my 10yr old Lesabre anyday over any Ford.. lol Even the new bodies, they drive like shhhh... I drove many rental taurus... shhhh... Some of my friends have had Ford in the past, shhhh...
Man my car drives alot better than alot of Ford cars, I must say... Its 10yrs old.... And it runs like a champ, no problems, its actually our 2nd one, the first 1 did 400K b4 it died... Ill stick with GM... This 1 now has 90K with NONE problems... they put most effort into the Cadillacs & Buicks... they are within 1mm tolerence! both share a NORTHSTAR.... not a FORDSTAR!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1930
wow this thread is interesting...
what has better gas mileage?
99 S10 extended cab
99 dakota extended cab

Silver Member

Post Number: 996
most likely the S10, smaller engine