Edead? good or bad?

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 479
i have heard alot of mixed reveiws on edead. like they fall off really easy when it gets hot in the summer and stuff.

i dont know if i should get this, or pay some extra money and go for second skin or dynamat. is it really worth it? what do u think about edead, any problems?

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5935
edead A+ product

Edead v.3 A+++++ Product

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5686
I'd get second skin, personally. Better product.

Anonymous

Not trying to hijack, but Chauncey said that Edead v.3 was great. Do people prefer the liquid dampeners like Edead v.3 and Second Skin Spectrum over the sheets like Edead v1 and Second Skin Damplifier?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 370
here's the deal with edead. The old Edead v1se still was asphalt based when most use a butyl base. The edead that first came out suffered from low adhesion qualities. This was improved with the new edead v1se. The adhesion qualities have been improved and the price is still cheap. To save on money for sound deadener I would use(actually I do it this way too) edead v1 on the floors, use v1se on the trunk lid and side panels and doors and then use edead v3 on things like the tirewell and on the trunk floor over the v1. Also get the new edead teklite on the doors too.

2nd Skin is an awesome product but the price is high but well worth it. You should talk to ANT on caraudioforum.com and see what the price is on them. Either way you won't go wrong, whether its edead or 2nd skin, just price is a concern. I believe I bought 40sq ft of edead, 20ft of v1 and 20 of v1se for around 64$ shipped.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 483
did you get that on ebay?

has anyone has problems with it faling off in the summertime? because i have heard that from a couple people.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2828
yeah the first edead i put on that came off had strong asphalt smell. the new one i got doesn't smell at all.

yes bassman i did get it from ebay.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 484
the new what? v3 or v1se?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2837
its the same v1se. at least that is what i ordered. like alteraudiousa stated above, they improved on the v1se.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us