This any good for porting rear deck?

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 876
Hey guys, I was looking for a way to get more bass inside my car and I was told by the experienced guys on here that I could port my rear deck since my seats don't fold down. Is this the type of ports I would need? I was thinking about drilling 2 holes (1 on each side of my tail light) and inserting these ports for a clean finish. Thanks everyone!!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-CAR-SPEAKER-SUB-WOOFER-SUBWOOFER-BOX-AIR-PORT-PORTS_W0QQite mZ5874625747QQcategoryZ67773QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 239
http://gotcmt.sectorlink.org/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=1499

i found this a while back... never got it though...

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 878
looks good, but costs a lot more then the one's on e-bay. I guess they are the same arn't they? I'm thinking that 2 3" ports will be better than 1 4". Thanks anyways man!

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1462
ummmmm
I dont think u want a port like that in the deck... It will change tuning frequency...

when people say "port the deck" they mean just cut a flat rectangle whole to let the trunk breathe through the deck! If u add those ports, with a hole that size, u may actually change tuning..
it was a good website that talked about it more detail..

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6122
better yet pull out the damn back seat -lol .....

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1464
lol, like me.....
My seat is still missing, prob got dust on it now, been in storage so freakin long.............

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2786
young james whats up. what you been up to? anyways why don't you just cut a hole in the rear deck and put a speaker grill over it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
i was thinking of just taking out my rear speakers... they are 2 6.5's i dont use them... im fine with my door speakers....

i havent gotten to it just yet... i pulled out my seat in the mean time and holy hell... what a difference.... now my rear view mirror wont stay straight....

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 880
Hey Chad, not too much buddy! Tell you the truth, not really sure where I been too, lol.

I was thinking about taking out the back seat, but I need it too much. I want someway for more bass to enter the inside of my car. Is there any way I can do it, but still look nice? I don't want to holes just stuck there. Anything else I can buy?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2789
you can get another type R. that will give you more bass inside the whole car. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
well... taking out my rear speaker did the trick pretty well... not as nice as removing the seat... i will prolly just mount the rear speakers in the door.... if i ever decide to use them.... but for now this works well.. now how do i keep my rear view mirror from bouncin out of place without perma guing or crazy stuff like that...

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 702
yup do what james said,it should work some ^^^

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
its an improvement... better SPL... Louder... the really low frequencys hit way way better... but its still kinda muffled you can tell it's behind the seat..... but it is alot better..

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 321
My 2001 grand prix's back seat held in sooo much of the sound it wasn't funny. I do have the little port-through door but from the amount of movement from the back seat there was a lot being trapped. I removed my back seat and wooohooo that bass carries a lot farther and at a much lower power level. Durring Soul survivor I now have the feeling that I will eventually end up with an RE logo stamped to the back of my head, lol. Anyone still riding around with your sh!t not mounted because you can't make up your mind on how you want it? Polo.. :-O

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 881
I guess I might end up taking out my seat. The thing about my car is, there is no rear speakers. I bought the car and there were only front ones, and I heard that it's pointless to go off and but some rear speakers if I'm getting a sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
oh hell that sucks... you could always cut a holes the size of 2 speakers and put covers over them... than speakers can be installed at a later time like if you sell the car or something......

but cut 6x9 holes if you can...

the thin about rear speakers when you have a sub is that most cars dont have the rear speakers in a sealed enclosure and the pressure just tears em apart... they cant get any definition cause of the bass pressure.. so yea... they are pretty much useless... it sucks for the back seat riders thouh cause they cant hear the music just the bass... they complain that the bass is to high... but why would the driver care right..

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 882
^^^ That's true......that happens to me in my car and my gf in her car ALL THE TIME!!! I just say it's not bad up front, and it's my car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
HAHAHAHA. tell em to lean forward right

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 76
i did this in a 1990 cavalier made a box for 2 12s cut 2 holes in the rear deck about 13 each then shoved a couple of those sono tubes that you buy for concrete slipedthem over the subs and into the holes i cut out and man did it ever slam that was like 5yrs ago
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us