Ported or Sealed for Alpine Type R

Bronze Member
Username: __nick__

Post Number: 31
I have 2 Alpine Type R 12"s. I drive a Ford Explorer and will be putting them in the trunk. Should I get a ported or sealed box? What will make a difference for sound quality? I like deep bass and like to make it boom but I don't want it to sound bad, suggestions please?

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 120
Ported. It'll be deeper. Built it to spec and it'll sound better too IMO.

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 184
Agree- port it

Jaeger
Unregistered guest
well i havent gone ported on my 12" so i cant say..but i have my 2 12" Rs sealed and they pound pretty good..rattles damn near everything :-) Rock and metal sounds very good on em and goes low and hits hard enough for rap too.
Would love to go ported on em one day .

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 322
My freind has 2 type r's he swears buy them they sound decent......but when i tell audiobahn is not top of the line and tell him about sound splinter.Eclipse..RE...(he thinks JL runs everything too)is he doesnt belive me....O an my MB quart subs and amp arent working good enough for me and cant show him what a true 500-1000 watts rms (2 small a box i think)really should be and not some kenwood junk he has powering it......Yeah hes like that...anyway he says he is gona buy a ported box i said yeah you can do that but it would be beter if someone bulit it to spec then he says nobody does that...told you hes like that so how can i convinve or is he right

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6119
No offense - Ur buddy sounds like 1 of theose know-it-all who actually doesn't-know-a-sh!t .

Then it seems like all that time/$ the engineers use up is just = 0 cause they could have gone & ask ur pal - lol .

About the topic @ hand - my 2 Rs r ported & i like em alot ...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189456.html

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2779
if you listen to alot hip hop with bass then ported would be better. but if you listen to some normal music too, then sealed imo is alot better. the sq is amazing sealed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us