Can someone design a box for me?

Bronze Member
Username: Erikdagenerik

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 45
I've been trying so hard to research how to make boxes according to to their specs and recommendations, but all I get is CONFUSED. I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me. I have a Diamond Audio 10" MKII with a Phoenix Gold Octane-R 8.0:1 amp. Its going in a trunk of a 2004 Honda Accord, so there is plenty of room. Any help is appreciated.

Recommended Vented Enclosure:
Vb(ft^3) - 1.25
F3(Hz) - 31
Fb (Tuning Freq) - 38
Pe (Watts) - 600
Ports - 2
Port I.D. - 2.5"
Port Length - 16"

Sub Specs:
Impedence (ohm) - 8
SPL 1w/1m(dB) - 84
Qts - .49
Qes - .56
Fs (Hz) - 40
Vas (L) - 12.3
Cms (mm/N) - .088
Mms (g) - 181
Sd (M^2) - .0316
BL (T-M) - 24.9
Re - 6
Xmax (mm) - 18.3

Once again, any help is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 427
this would work
http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/ported-box.asp?Ew=20&Eh=13.5&Dia=4&Xmax=18.3&Vd =.13&NumW=1&Vb=1.5&Fb=38&Qts=.49&Vas=12.3&Fs=40&CE=1.5

or this if you want to maximise the trunk space (always a good idea and will sound the same)
http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/ported-box.asp?Ew=30&Eh=12&Dia=4&Xmax=18.3&Vd=. 1&NumW=1&Vb=1.5&Fb=38&Qts=.49&Vas=12.3&Fs=40&CE=1.5

i would do the second one but both would be fine.

i had to guess on driver displacement but it souldnt be enought to matter at all

this program is really great and makes building really easy, just follow the cut list and put the board together as shown

be sure to use a lot of screws (dryway 1 5/8" is fine) and PRE-DRILL ALL SCREW HOLES, this will prevent board splitting,

not a bad idea to bolt the box down in your trunk where your done either to prevent theft and damage from driving.

you should be all set

questions?

Bronze Member
Username: Erikdagenerik

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 46
thx man

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 222
how does that thing work, it asks for the diameter....is that the port diameter??? I'm trying to do it for a 15 h2....also is net volume before or after driver and port displacment....

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 436
net is after driver and port displacement, that is what manufacturers mean when the make recommendation,--i asked the guy who made the program that and that was his answer

nominal diamiter is for the sub, in your case 15" round would be the proper chioce for the 15 H2

now that that is clear the program sould be self explanitory
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us