I need a new 8inch sub

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1287
ok, this is what i have in my room http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review530.html i've had it for about a year, and it was working fine, i could turn the volume up to about 15-16 and be fine, no distortion or clipping at least i couldn't hear any, well about a month ago the sub started sounding weired, it sounds like the sub is bottoming out all the time even at low volumes, so i think its fvcked, well anyway i have a different 8inch box laying around and was wondering what a good 8inch sub would be, the system sayd 150watts, but its probaly closer to 50-60watts and the box is .6cf with the port tuned to 34hz. and the back of the H/U i guess you;d call it has 2 sets of wire going to the sub box one says control and has a little square plug, so i think thats the +/- and the other has rca plug and doesn't say anything, so how wold i hook up a new sub.

Anonymous

who gives a sh!t what u need you gayazz racist piece of sh!t

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 432
what about that makes hime racist?

you know, assuming other are racist, is being racist too.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 124
to tell the truth... i had to buy a new sub for my system... i just bought the cheapest i could find on e-bay and i was happy with what i got...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIOBAHN-AW831T-8-Car-Subwoofer-AW-831T-200W-NEW-Sub_W0QQit emZ5871219857QQcategoryZ18802QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

look at this.. it might be good enough for the hell of it... i would guess that this system would need an 8 ohm sub

how many ohms would you need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CHROME-8-IN-CAR-SUB-SUBWOOFER-SPEAKER-400-W-WOOFER_W0QQi temZ5871532238QQcategoryZ18802QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i bought one of these in a 6.5 to replace my old home theater system and it is ok... it dosent work for the box it's in but reproduced the bass nicely

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1288
anyways, i forgot to mention that it can only handle 6ohms, and i'd like to keep price below $70.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
but yea... just take out the old one... put in the new..

if you take your old one out there should be a label on the sub that has the Ohm rating on it and the pwer rating... my old sub on my system had an 8 ohm impedence at 35 RMS 40 max but the manual said the sub was 50 watt max.... to make up for the extra 4 ohms i series wired a bass shaker into the sub wiring

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1389
Buy an Ascendant Audio Assassin!!! They offer an 8" model. If you're willing to go like $100 WITH shipping you'll get a subwoofer 10000000X better than BOTH of those put together in sound quality AND SPL!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
deffinately true..... but... thats alot of momey for a sony boom box setup..... itd probly vibrate the dam thing off the shelf

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1391
Well...

Those subs you're looking at will play loudly (mostly the Audiobahn) and sound really crappy.

Although, the Audiobahn is better than the Pyramid by a good bit. Go with the A-Bahn if nothing else.

Check out an RE RE8. They're pretty cheap, and would own all over the two you mentioned.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
ohhh the assassin is only 45$ on their website

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
ohhh the assassin is only 45$ on their website

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/assassin8specs.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
yea i mentioned some not great subs... but i was just basing off of your need for a budget source... the 8" assassins are only listed 45$ on their website.... thats a good deal... but you should look at the specs on the website to see if it would work...

the ohm ratings are at 4 ohms...
the ported reccomendations call for a .7 tuned to 32 Hz

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1289
ya i was looking at the assassin but its only 4ohm svc, and the sony is rated at 6ohms so i don't wanna fvk up the H/U part, and i was looking at the re8 since its dvc4ohm but i don't know if it will work with only 30 or so watts.and i don't know how im going to get the sony out of the box it came with cause theres no screws or anything showing that holds it the box, so i would have to destroy the box just to get the sub out, thats why i was planinng on useing the other box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
the sub will work on your home system... it wont be like AWeSOME!!!!!but it will work.. the 6.5 i have in my system is a 300Watt .. its getting about 20 right now and works great
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us