Question About Audiobahn A4401T

Username: Kwiknez

Tumwater, WA USA

Post Number: 1
Whats Up??
I have a question, ok I have (4) infinity reference speakers 4x6 in front and 6x9 in rear,I have (1) 4 channel Audiobahn A4401T Amp. The amp is 50x4 in 4 ohms. If I wired the speakers parallel going to the amp using only 2 channels, that would give me a 2ohm load correct? The other 2 channels left, I can use for subs, for now. How much wattage will I be able to give my subs? I am looking at getting (2)Infinity Perfect 10.1d (dual 4ohm) in a sealed box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1537
you can not run that amp bridged at 2ohms, only 4ohms.

Tumwater, WA USA

Post Number: 2
I am not sure I understand what you mean. Here is the amp
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=99

I called a local reputable car audio place here, and told him what I had, he told me that I could, run the front speakes in parallel to 1 channel and the rear speakers in parallel to another channel, and that would leave me 2 channels left. So for my subs, I could either run 1 to each channel or is that it?

Tumwater, WA USA

Post Number: 3
This is on the audiobahn website

http://www.audiobahn.com/products/2005Products/amps/amps.html

Near the bottom. This is 2ohm stable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1543
you can run 4x6 to channel 1 and it is series, + to + on each speaker, then run 6x9 to channel 2 the same way, and that amp will not be enough power for those 2 subs, you may be able to run 1 of the single 4ohm model of that sub.

Tumwater, WA USA

Post Number: 4
OK thanks is that an ok amp? I have heard alot of people saying audiobahn is terrible. But it looked good and was decent price. I have read and read about them,more people complain about the subs than the amps. So is there anyway to utilize the whole potential of the amp, 140x2 or something, front speakers 1 channel, rear 2nd channel, and then get different amp for my subs?? Your help is very much appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1547
your best bet is to spend a little more money and get a better amp, like a kicker or jl, etc and maybe a mono amp that is 1ohm stable if you want to run 2 dual 4 subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us