D-blocks

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 173
I plan on running a jl 300/2 and mrd-605 in my set up. I plan on using 4 gauge wire throughout. Does this mean that I do not need a fused d-block, since I am not stepping down in wire size??

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5335
D-block is used for connecting 2 or more amps to one power source.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
i know that, but isnt a fused one for lets say stepping down from 2 gauge to 4 gauge?? the fuses would be used to protect the 4 gauge wire if the block was fused. right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5337
If you're not connecting 2 or more amps, then d-block is NOT required, nor need to step down from 2 gauge to 4 gauge.
If all you need is a fuse, then get a proper inline fuse kit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
I am planning to connect two amps. I know I need a d-block to do that. But what I am trying to figure out is, that if I use 4 gauge wire throughout the set up, does the d-block need to be fused, or being that it is all the same gauge wiring no fuse is needed for the d-block?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5338
A fuse is not required as long as you have one near the battery. However, having a dedicated fuse for d-block won't hurt anything.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 765
You could also simply go with the distribution blocks that have built in fuses. :-) Might be yoru simplest option. (look under fused distribution blocks)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us