For guys with the alpine type r!

Bronze Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 45
i just need some opinions on the system im puttin in my truck. i had 2 12" kicker comp vr's in a single cab 06 gmc. i recently sold them to my neighbor because my amp blew. i am currently making a box to replace my center fold down seat that will hous a 12 alpine type r dual 2 ohm. the box is gonna be 1.5 cubic feet tuned to 38 hertz. the 2 kickers will be in a ported box also. we are both gonna be running a viper 1200.1 his is gonna be wired to 2 ohm and mine will be wired to 1 ohm. which setup do you guys think will be louder? my sub will be gettin more power than his subs. but he still has more cone area than me.

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 104
probably the kickers just because there's 2. Your 1 will have more power, but it's just overkill. The type r is only 500rms, and can handle more but not much more. I'm giving mine 700rms in a sealed box with the gain matching my preouts, and it starts to sound pretty rough at loud volumes. In a ported box with that amp, (i'm assuming it's 1200w at 1ohm), you'll just kill your sub if you push it that hard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us