IMPORTANT BOX HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Awm44444

USA

Post Number: 58
i had that sx box i told yall about that is 3.9 cu ft and thats including the port! since the port is way to big i wuz wondering if i were to completely cover the port but itll still b inside the box, and then put 2 small circle ports on the spot where i covered the 72 sq in port hole, will it work and will i get back more of that 3.9 cu ft? and if i did that it wouldnt make it where i have a real long circle port would it?

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 361
it would be tuned much higher and sound less clean

what size sx do you have

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 59
15... the original port is way 2 big and the length was 2 short; ne wayz will i b able to get all 3.9 cu ft out of the box by covering the port?
and will covering the port and putting the two circle ports in the exact same place hurt ne thing? like will it make it where the circle ports are part of the old port (the port is still inside the box) because i dont want that. but this is my only other option for this box. the ports way 2 big and the box area is 2 small. if i were 2 just cover part of the original port would it tune it 2 a higher freq? i need 2 no real soon

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 369
that sounds kina risky and may not sound very good but if that is your only option, then just do it i guess, but i really dont think it would be that bad just to put the sub in the box and see how it sound first

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 60
k so will it be just like ne other 3.9 cu ft box w/ 2 circle ports in it even though it has the "L" from the port still in it? or will that just kinda help with bracing?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2070
is this a SX 12 or 15? if you reduce port area and have about the same or longer length the tune will be lower. why do you say you have too much port area?

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 61
its a 15... w/ all that port i have only like 2 or 2.5 cu ft of box 4 the sub. its only a 3.9 cu ft box and its not loud at all. so will ne of the stuff i asked earlier work?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us