Do matching brands matter?

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 157
i was wondering if it makes a large differnce if the parts of your complete system are different brands. i have an alpine hu, infinity comps with an infinity amp, and eclipse subs soon to be powered by a soundstream amp... because its cheap. but i was just wondering if it makes a difference if i had bought all alpine or mtx or... you get the idea.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 598
its better to get a mix because no one brand makes the best of everything

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 893
no not at all, just keep in mind that you get what you pay for

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 159
So who does make the best of everything? who makes the best subs, amps, speakers, head units... even wiring kits? I am not refering to something that costs thousands and thousands of dollars. Simply afforadable well-known brands. Sorry if this has been answered before.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 898
it all depends on your taste.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5841
The only 2 brands u can go an all out install on IMO would be ALPINE & ECLIPSE , both manufacture every piece of equipment needed to do a complete set up except wiring .
Pioneer/Premier also has everything but will not sound maybe 1/2 as good .

But 2 answer ur thread ? - brands need NOT match 2 build a good system .........

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5648
These are the only brands I'd stick with for a one brand system (note that they don't have everything, primarily head units are lacking from most of them):

JL Audio
DLS
Alpine F#1 Status
Boston Acoustics
Eclipse

Really they are all that I can think of that offer everything from amps to speakers to subs. Eclipse and Alpine have HUs, too.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1815
well for subs look into crystal, sound splinter, incriminator audio, alpine(r and x series), RE audio, adire, ascendant audio, theres more but im lazy.
speaks go with eclipse, asendant audio, RE, alpine, boston acoustics, CDT
amps go with helix, alpine, eclipse, kicker, orion, viper, DEI, PP
HU's go with kenwood, pioneer rpemier, alpine, eclipse, clarion and clarion pro
but like i said, theres more

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5649
Oh yeah, Arc Audio as well. Zapco is supposed to have subs out pretty soon, too, so you could add them.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2103
as far as best wiring and electrical... when i picked up my friends TREO tsx in clearwater from stereorama i got to talking with the owner. he did a 55 thousand dollar install on a mercedes clk55 amg which won first place at the usaci or w/e letters they are national international i dont remember competition. he didnt even compete until then. the guy who runs the competition (i think it was a german guy) told him he was to have the car at his show. told him not asked lol. so he didnt even need the 70 points in his state... but anyways... he didnt want to use any stinger or anything like that so he made all his own stuff, fuses and such. the whole thing took 8 months and he lost money on it alltogether lol. http://stereorama.com/installs/new_photos/james_betz_mercedes_550clk/

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 599
i hear those zapco subs are supposed to be amazing. does anyone have any info on them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us