Fuses

Username: Judgedredd

Post Number: 3
Guys, I should be getting a new alternator this week..between 180-200 amps

I have two rear mounted batteries, optima yellow tops. I'm running a 0 gauge precision power cable from the alternator to a distribution block and from the block to each battery

What size fuse should i put on the alternator side? The distribution block in the rear is also fused, what size fuse should i use there?

Also from the system battery we're going to another distribution block which is feeding 2 JL 1000/1 and 1 jl 450/4, what size fuse should i put on the wire to each amp?

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 114
Sounds like your system is going to be the sh!t!

Post Number: 6
I sure hope so...I was told i didn't need more than a 50 amp fuse on the alternator/battery side

and 150amp fuses to the amps

anyone have any opinions on those numbers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
::BUMP::

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 119
50 sounds small to me, see if we can get one of the experts to say.. I think you'll be blowing those 50's all day. I use an 80 just for my 4 gauge. But I could be wrong, BUMP

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11188
on the 0 ga wire, match the fuse to the current rating for the cable. 200-225A for 1/0AWG.
that fuse is just to protect the car/wire from a dead short and fire.

at the distro block, or at the smaller cable use one fuse per amplifier and match that fuse to what the amps will be drawing..
example, amp is @ 2 ohms, and putting out 500W RMS. if the amp is class D, that's 50A of current, so a 50A fuse is fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us