I need some suggestions on my 2 Alpine Type R's

Unregistered guest
I have two Alpine SWR-1242D 12" subwoofers with dual 4-ohm voice coils. If you weren't sure these subs are 500 r.m.s. and 1500 peak. I am really interested in getting a Hifonics BX 1505D which is 1500 watts at 1 ohm because all I have now is a two channel 1600 watt American Legacy amp. It puts out some power but I am thinking that the Hifonics amp will make these subs sound much better. Do you think that the Hifonics amp is a lot better than an American Legacy amp. Also I was looking for some box recommendations because right now i have a sealed box but not sure on the specs or the material it is made of because I got it cheap a couple of years ago on ebay with some generic subs I sold a half year ago. It is a nice looking box but I know that sometimes your box can make a decent difference in your sound quality. That is what I am going for is as clean of bass as possible. I love hard clean bass.

Bronze Member
Username: Roy_t

Post Number: 14
Upload

Dillpickle
Unregistered guest
Come on I don't need crap like this. That is weird that you even looked it up.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1314
Hifonics will be better, and the subs will do just fine on that amp! a big ported box my sound nice for sound quality, but a ported box could sound good too, and get way louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us