New HU, 7998?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1049
hey, i was looking for older Alpine HU's on ebay and i ran across a couple Alpine-CDA-7998's, a unit i really like the look of and have heard good things. i'm watching 4 on ebay, end all end in 1-4 days, ones a refurb though. had the CDA-9813 and it was great, reciently put it in my brother's car and got a Panasonic CQ-VD7001U and its nice, just kinda getting tired of the screen. like the idea of the 7998 not having an internal amp too.

any input on the 7998 unit?? thinking about selling the Panasonic and getting one.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1052
also, what about the Pioneer DEH-P960MP??
2076_4041_64496605%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detai l/0,,2076_4041_64496605,00.html
anyone have any experience with this unit?? they are only like $400 on ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2678
I'd go with the 7998...the P960MP really isn't comparable-the price is boosted because of the flip face technology. You would be getting a top end unit from Alpine, no doubt.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1489
Excellent HU man...

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1071
yeah, i've read that the 860 is the same as the 960, just without the dual flip face that has caused problems. looks nice, but i guess its just something else that can mess up, lol. i was leaning towards the alpine anyway as i really haven't heard anything bad about it and i've had alpine units in the past, all were great. thanks for the input Jexx and Jake, any one else have an opinion??

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1491
Seriously man, just buy a 7998 in really good condition, it'll last you forever and have all the features you want. And if it ever breaks, I'm sure Alpine will fix it for you... I'm actually looking at getting one for my car...

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3132
Brandon how is your system coming along. I whould go with the Pioneer Premier 860 in this case. Ive owned one for 1 year and still perfect. Best unit ive owned since the old alpines from 2000-2004. You will also get the 2 year premier warranty with it. You wont get that with the alpine since its discontinued.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1092
yeah Jake, i'm gonna go with the alpine, they have always been great from back then. i'm watching a few on ebay. plus i already know how to work the alpines, never had a pioneer. good luck getting yourself one Jake, i hope to get one soon too.

MO - i ended up changing things around, not going to take the back seat out like i had planned on. still not finished, lol, been real busy or the weather has sucked. i'll get it done eventually though.

i've gotta take one of my 500/1's by hifi buys to get it replaced sometime now too, noticed something rattling around inside, poped it open and it was a clip that went over some transistors on the heat sink. jl said it would cause it to fail.Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us