Off topic: BMW X5

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2498
the driver side turn signal went out and i need to replace it. does anyone know how to do that? do i need to remove the whole light or something? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1298
had u check the flasher? its somewhere up under the dash! being that Bmw are known for tons of electrical problems; you could have another problem. They are more maintence than a Benz!
my2cents

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 846
yea just the bulb, like if it was flashing really fast before it whent out the bulb burned out. so you need to take it in. the case for your head lights and turn signal are saposed to be air tight so yea. how do you like your BMW? the performance and speed the X5's are like 35-45k right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 847
check your fuses too, i didn't even think of that. wow, im dumb. its probably what B said

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2499
the x5 is my uncles. the car sux. for every little thing there is a light that comes on and you have to take it in. too much hassle.

yes the light flashes real fast so i am thinking the bulb burned out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 849
yea, it burned out, check the fuses for bad connections before you change it, if you have a bad fuse it will just burn out again. but you HAVE to get it pro. done unless you want it to get foggy in hot weather and water to get in it

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 922
did you try reading the owner's manual? the car companies usually put information in there. sorry to say but im afraid most people would take the X5 over an accord.

Silver Member

Post Number: 851
i would take and accord, BMX breaks every other week. my real dad had a M3 and everytime i went to his hous (i live with my mom) the BMX was in the shop. the M3 is sapoesed to be a higher end BMX but it sucked idk about the X5 but the 3 seriese sucks AS$

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 925
BMX is a type of bike moron. an M3 is a high end sports car. they are NOT designed for relaibility but for performance. a accord is designed to run for 20 years without having a tune up. you drive an M3 for pleasure then have another car for your daily driver.

Anonymous

dont listen to christopher mor0n he is full of it go jack off somewhere else christopher m0ron......

Silver Member

Post Number: 852
CHristopher you can come to my house and jack off. its ok 99% of guys do it, don't feel bad LOL

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2500
"sorry to say but im afraid most people would take the X5 over an accord"

me too but i don't think you will ever have a choice where you have to choose between a x5 and an accord. sorry i offended you by saying the x5 sux.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 137
lol Rofflmmfao!!!NOL1M1T he does alot of Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 854
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. its cool, i have an extra room in my house for his problem lol

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 830
I'm starting to wonder on BMW's....everyone says they are famous for breaking down. I was planning on getting a 5 series down the road (just about finished college and $$$$$$$$$$$ is in my future! :-) ) but I'm starting to wonder now. What are the new audi's like? I also love the Suburu WRX STI supercharged with 300hp, so who knows what I'll end up with. But you got to admit, BMW got the best technology out there!! Take a look at that link for their latest gadget

http://www.filecabi.net/video/car-that-parks-itself.html

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 926
my dad had a bmw for 18 years and it never broke down per say. the only reason he got rid of it was because he never changed the timing chain for 180,000 miles and it snapped on him one day bending all the valves. it had all original parts and would have easily gone to over 250,000 miles. the problem with BMW, not BMX, is the electronics that they are putting in. that boggles my mind considering the people that buy 5 series and up are usually older less technologically inclined people. my dad's coworker has a newer 5 series and the computer went bonkers and locked him in. so its not the cars that suck, its the electronic equipment that they are putting in their cars. i would pick any audi over any subie. a recent shootout in a mag, i forgot which one, chose the A4 2.0T over the high spec legacy. the sti has nothing comparable in the audi line up, doesnt mean it is better or worse though. oh, and the auto park thing is actually a old concept. toyota used it in one of their japan only cars. if anytihng, mercedes is the leader in car tech.

Silver Member

Post Number: 856
Im a subaru WRX STI for entry to college :-) i dont' like BMX at all. the only thing i would get from them is a 750 IL. Audis are really good. dam quick too. my mom is getting the A8 L W12... 2 6 cilenders working together to be a V12. if i were you i'd get the subaru or Audi. both GREAT cars. BMW great for weekend drives, thats about it, in my opinion.

Bronze Member
Username: Atfdmike

Michigan

Post Number: 13
Would you like service manual excerpts...? If so, post year and whether front or rear lamp needs to be changed.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2501
2003 4.4liter v8 bmw x5. its the front driver side signal light that went out. thanks.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 831
watch what your doing chad buddy, lol. A mistake on a BMW could be a costly one!! But how hard can it be to change a bulb once you know how to do it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 862
its not the bulb thats hard about it. its the sealent and the vacuum your saposed to have in the area of the bulb

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 834
I know if it's anything like my corolla, it was only easy. That's 2 types of vehicles that don't belong in the same sentence. Comparing a 95 Corolla with a 03 X5. I'm starting to wonder that they are not the same Upload

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 835
I know if it's anything like my corolla, it was only easy. That's 2 types of vehicles that don't belong in the same sentence. Comparing a 95 Corolla with a 03 X5. I'm starting to wonder that they are not the same Upload

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 836
oops, sorry bout the double post

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2502
thanks for the help guys. i keep telling my uncle to just take it in but he keeps on telling me he can do it himself. he doesn't want to spend the money.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 837
no warranty left on it??

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2503
it just ended. he has 55000 miles on it.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5620
I'd drive a Honda Accord if somebody castrated me prior to the purchase.

Until then, I'll stick with Ford trucks :-) Never done me wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 319
i love my accord. what ford truck do you drive?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2504
"I'd drive a Honda Accord if somebody castrated me prior to the purchase"

haha jonathan very funny. i love my accord too.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5621
Numerous ones over the years. Had an 83 F-150 to start with, traded that in on a on an 87, put well over 300,000 miles on the 87 when I was working for a contractor. I sold it and drove cars when I was going to school, and used my dad's 89 F-350 diesel when I needed a truck (still going, over 700,000 on it). Right now I'm bumming around in an 86 Ranger (gas mileage purposes). Getting a 2005/06, probably an F-350 b/c I do a lot of hauling. Of course that's when finances permit.

Kind of sour toward Hondas and Toyotas, every Accord my wife has had has been a pile of crap. I had a Camry for a couple of years and it was a nightmare. Not the type of cars you want to work on often. Some people have different luck with different things for some reason or another. I just can't drive Hondas anyway, too small and cramped for me.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 234
BMWs are great but you need to learn and maintain them! Buy as manuals as you can and learn them WELL or you will get beant over the hood everytime and they aren't hard to work on, lol. I think it is just a conspiracy for mechanics to make money. BMWs in my opinion are for the fun going younger croud while benz is for old rich croud. A 3 series is ok but when you come across a sweet M5 or 850, now your talking....:-O Polo.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 841
I hate the 850, never did like the look of em. I really like the new M6......I think that car is deadly lookin. The M5 is also a sweeet car.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 843
I guess everyone has their own opinions on vehicles. Johnathon said he loves Ford, but a lot of people say is the only thing Ford done right is circle the problem. Personally, I love toyota's, honda's, fords, and a lot of different companies. I don't talk trash about nuttin that I had good experiences with :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 869
something i found out about ford on friday night at a party.... Ford has been beating CHevy and doge for the past 11 years on the 1/4 mile. the mustange will beat the corvett with what ever done to it. personally this is a NO WAY to me but he knows the rep of ford and chevy and called them and had them on peaker phone. so yea... i hate ford and they do circle the problem but 11 years they have one... OH and chevy has been third place out of the 3 american brands Ford Doge then Chevy...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5622
You have to put apples to apples, but in organizations such as Nascar, the Robert Yates built motors are consistently stronger than anything Gibbs, Hendrick, and other Chevy teams can puke out, and has been proven on chassis dyno tests time and time again.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 630
some people swear by BMW they may or may not have problems its just that some people are so concerned about the name they don't even care if the vehicle is comfortable or functional. I'm finding out that my car(03 galant) is actaully a very reliable car.

Bronze Member
Username: Atfdmike

Michigan

Post Number: 14
This may help.

Removing And Installing/Replacing Front Left Or Right Auxiliary Turn Indicator Light

Replacing Bulb For Turn Indicator

Remove headlight.

Turn bulb holder (1) approx. 90°in direction of arrow and remove.
Pull bulb out of holder.

NOTE:
Do not touch glass part of bulb with bare fingers. Only touch bulb on its base or with a clean cloth or packaging of light bulb.
Note type of bulb.

Slide auxiliary turn indicator light (1) forwards and remove.

Installation Note:
Ensure that seal is correctly seated.
If necessary, replace seal.
Snap retaining hook (2) into fender.

Disconnect plug connection (1) and remove auxiliary turn indicator light (2).
Turn bulb holder (3) counterclockwise through approx. 45°and remove.
Pull bulb out of holder.

NOTE:
Do not touch glass part of bulb with bare fingers. Only touch bulb on its base or with a clean cloth or packaging of light bulb.
Note type of bulb.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1300
wait this is still going on? LOL
tell your uncle call the dealer, cause autozone would not carry a FLASHER for a BMW x5!
this problem could have been fix yesterday, and its simple to fix.

bad flasher will make 1 side work only, make 1 side falsh rapidly or not at all. Assume your uncle checked the bulbs b4 he asked you for help. He needs a flasher!

The new flashers are rectangle, not like the older circular flashes. Its mounted inside the dash on either side of the steering column.
Cars use 2 flashers!
1 Indicator
2 Hazzards
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us