Anyone else heard the arsenals?

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 113
I was put on a waiting list for the 12" arsenals. Anyone got them installed? How do they sound?

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 114
bump

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 917
they sound awesome. Great SQ and the lowest bottom end of any sub I have ever heard. SQ beats out all competitors. The subs can play frequencies upwards of 200Hz, therefore, functioning as an awesome Sub/Midbass.

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 115
Chris, are yours in a sealed or ported box. What size do you have? Anyone else heard them yet?

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 181
Also to Paul's statement, what are you powering them by?

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 617
are they the lowest bottom end sub?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1181
I wouldnt say they are the lowest bottom sub...

Silver Member

Post Number: 623
what are the lowest bottem end subs? i know the avalanche is one of them.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1184
all depends on the subs specs and the box their in. but typically a lower fs will play lower in a low tuned ported box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 626
yeah. but i think some companies lie about their fs though.

like the idmax with its frequency range of 10hz - ?hz. and some of auidioburns subs say they go down to 16hz.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1185
Fs is only 1 factor in low frequency extension of a sub, you must also take into account the Qes & Qts. And still box makes a huge difference, typically the bigger the box with a small port tuned low; the lowwer it will hit..

Silver Member

Post Number: 628
i think a large sealed box hits lower than a big ported box with a small port tuned low.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1186
u think so? ported gets lower.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1187
Pelon sealed large box would be able to have excellent power handling, BUT a well designed ported box will SLAUGHTER a sealed box! < in terms of LOWss

here
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/car-audio/part3/

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 201
I agree and it seems to carry much further too! Polo..

Silver Member

Post Number: 629
you expect me to read all that?!

Bob365
Unregistered guest
B and Pelon, you're using the word low differently. I agree with Pelon, but understand what B means.
A ported sub will unload below tuning and you tune above Fs. Also a ported box requires a subsonic filter. Above tuning, a ported box will play louder than sealed. With a low Fs, you can tune low, but a sealed sub can play a lower than that just not as loud.
Example: Arsenal 15 has Fs of 23Hz.
Ported box tuned to 25Hz vs Sealed box
Play a 27Hz tone, the ported box will be louder.
Play a 20Hz tone, the ported box will unload.

Now you take something like a Tumult with a Fs of 15Hz on their 18D2 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 369
I've heard 2 15" Arsenals given 500 wrms each in separate 2.5 cuft chambers with 1.5 lbs polyfill in each. They're in my trunk... my order came to $470 Shipped and got here in like 2 weeks... I'm about to get a Orion 2500D for these bad boys and they'll soon be in 3.5 cuft chambers tuned to 28 hz and given ? amount of power... I Don't know a safe limit of power these can take as of now - soon to fine out :D

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1192
Bob365 you should go ahead and register, I seen u post a few times b4. I agree with your statement. =D

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5072
"Pelon sealed large box would be able to have excellent power handling"

A large sealed box will have lower power handling then a low tuned ported enclosure. The power handling is increased the smaller of an enclosure you go with sealed. The larger you go the closer you are getting to a free air or IB set-up. If power handling in a 1.0 cu/ft is 500 then 500 in a 3.5 cu/ft sealed enclosure will most likely cause the sub to reach over excursion very quickly.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1198
^^ agreed James Longo; The smaller sealed has the better power handling. I must have been extremely tired @ 2:30am... =D I was generalizing it as just being sealed.

But yeah the biger the sealed box the more it acts as its in free air. Im more of a ported box guy. =D

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5073
I wish I had the room to go ported now. When I did have the room I went sealed now I want to go ported and don't have the room:-( well you move on i guess.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2432
james the sealed sounds so much better. the bass is tighter and sounds more precise. i admit the ported gets louder but to me it just seems like the bass blends in with the rest of the speakers in the car when it is sealed. just my opinion.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5075
yeah Chad I have been running sealed enclosures for the last 3 years. If you tune your sub properly a solid ported enclosure will have better conmtrol then a sealed box. Some people like high tuned (35hz) for SQ, but IMO it really gives you the Boomy effect of the ported enclosure. Where as a low tuned enclosure 25-28hz has great control and sounds fantastic. I am going to run sealed but a nicely designed ported SQ enclosure is a fantastic thing:-)

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3109
James im still deciding on sealed or ported on that ID MAX 12

sealed at 1.5 cuft and ported at 2.5 cuft @ 25-28hz and definetly off that ppi a600.2 since the ID MAX 12's are very efficiant and output wont chang much from 600 to 800 with this subwoofer.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1212
Im tellin you guys, this thing sounds like its SEALED, its tuned LOW to 27hz. It feels like it ported though...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1213
look how huge that thing is with that lil port..
Upload

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5087
I would go sealed MO especially off the a600 being that it has no SS filter.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3113
Yeah your right. Keep forgetting that. I know you want to try the same setup as soon as cardomain finally get the ID MAX 12 in stock !!!!!!!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5091
yup I would love to:-)

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5092
yup I would love to:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums