Temporary, will it work...

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 368
ive had this question in a previous post, but jsut had a new idea...
ok so i got 2 amps right now
a Alpine Flex 2 MRP-T406
60X2@ 2 OHMS, 40X2@ 2 0HMS, 120@ 4 0HMS BRIDGED
and a Pioneer GM3100T(2 CHANNEL)
60X2@ 4 OHMS, 75X2@ 2 0HMS, 150@ 4 OMS BRIDGED

So im getting my 2 kicker 12cvr(dvc2ohm) today and i was originally jsut going to hook up one to the apline amp and use the pioneer to run my infinitys, or vice versa, but had the idea if i could jsut wire both subs in seperate enclosures to 4 ohms, and run an amp to each sub and jsut run my speakers off my h/u for now, would it sound bad if the one sub had an extra 30watts? if i could do this, could i jsut use y splitter rca's on the sub preout on my h/u so im seding the same signal to both of my amps or will it not make a difference if i use one sub and say the rear speaker, or front speaker preout (my amps dont have rca outs)...thanx in advance
ps. im not going to be running them like this permantely, im giong to get a A8000T to run them, but was now thinking about a bx1005d(Hifonics) which one should i get?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5084
you should be fine. that alpine is prob rated just right were the pioneer is prob a llittle over rated so it should be fine temporarily.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 369
thanx alot james....will the y splitter idea work?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 370
and what amp would u recommend when i buy one to run them permanetely
-the A8000T
-Hifonics 1005d

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5085
yes that will work also provided neither amp has a rca out to go to another amp. I would go with the a8000t over the hifonics although I am not very fond of either. how much are you getting it for?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 371
the A8000T, im giong to be buying it off ebay prob cost me like 150 altogether(cdn)(including shipping)....

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5088
well thats a good deal then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us