Keep blowing subs

Bronze Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 19
hey ive gotten sick of this but i keep blowing every sub i throw at my system.... from dual to rockford to infintity..... ive changed boxes... ive changed amps.... but they keep blowing...

i keep my amp down tuned to prevent clipping... the subs are always 200 Watts higher rated or more than the AMP i use.... i keep the correct boxes for the subs too... how do i keep blowing em....

for the most part it's been the damn voice coils burning up.

but now i have these infinitys... with these i havent managed to low em yet... the wire keeps breaking from the terminals to the freegin subs... i keep taking the wires from my broken subs and saudering them into the working one..

my second sub the one that worked fine... the rubber surround came unglued from the frame...

im so sick of this crap.... can someone PLEASE help!!!!???!!?!

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 783
try new fuses, and retuning the Amp, maybe vultage gain.try and get higher watt subs. maybe 400 or something

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5049
sounds like someone doesnt want you to have a system man lol! that is awful luck. If you have hooked up everything right and this keeps happening thats really really odd. If you have changed boxes, subs, and amps then its not your equipment, look at your install. power,ground are they thick enough? do you have a good quality ground(no shorting)? maybe your headunit is defective and sending a clipped signal to your amp and cooking your coils that way. there are so many things you have to look into just keep on going eliminating one at a time. I know it sucks man but it will be all worth it when you are done with it.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 785
yea, get your install checked proffesionally looked at, if you had like circut city or ultimate electronics of bust buy install or your self, get some REAL proffesinals to look at it

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1134
James M Long, do you have a HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATOR? Seems to me like you have a real bad voltage system in your vehicle. Check that 1st!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
well on the messed up side... my infinity did go out.... melted the V-coil... again

i am running on a 1000 WATT cable system... its not my car... as its happened with the other car i had before the one i own now...

i was wondering... i have my voltage sensitivity turned up to 0.8 (max 0.2) could this be my issue.... also i live in a crazy climate... Hot as hell one day cold as hell the next....

the first subs i had lasted about 8 months... but since then they have gone out like nutz...

i havent had any shortting issues whatsoever....

my head unit is a nice unit but it does get really hot and its been so cold that the units been getting a little flaky... i didnt think of the possibility of it clipping from the head unit.. i dont think i had any issues till i got this head unit.... now that i think of it HOLY HELL! now if only i could afford a new head unit to test that out

thanks... thats a good idea... but keep giving me some input...

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 35
what kind of HU do u have?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5441
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/198627.html

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1136
lol
he never stated his alternator size. =D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
hehe i have an OEM alternator... nothing special...

my head unit is an old JVC KD-LH3150

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
i have an OEM alternator... nothing special...

my head unit is an old JVC KD-LH3150
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us