Upgrading subwoofer

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 127
planning on upgrading from the type R. stuck between jl w6, aa arsenal, and idmax, plan on sticking about 600 watts on one of these subs, am an sql fan. The arsenal is pretty tempting because it is so cheap, has anyone heard all of these subs and is aa really all what it is cracked up to be. A ranked order of these subs based on sql would also be appreciated. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1583
i would def go with the idmax...but no with just 600 watts...if you put 1000 - 1200 watts the idmax will be great

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
thought the idmax really didnt need all that much power to get going. hmmm. should i lean towards jl ao aa then with 600+ watts on them??

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1587
what amp will you be using ? 600 watts at 1 ohm ? or 2 ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
no 600 @ 2 ohms its the alpine mrd-605 seems to run pretty clean power though. for 160 that aa is tempting. have you had any experience with either the jl's or aa's?? which sub would you recommend??

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1589
ive heard the w6 but never heard the arsenal....ive heard good things about the arsenal and it is alot cheaper...so i would have to go with the arsenal

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1590
and btw thats the amp im currently running..and yepit puts out pretty clean power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us