2-10s on a monoblock?

Username: Ianvissers

Post Number: 1
I don't know alot about car audio other than you get what you pay for and brandname reputations. I'm looking to pickup 2 10s not too loud but complimentary to my front and rear 6.5" audiobahn components. just need to fill in the bass void and take some strain off the speakers. any recomendations... thinkin' rockford, alpine, JL, Kicker, Audiobahn (I guess anything but sony because sony's EXPLODE!) Thanks... and does a 4ohm drop to a 2 ohm per sub with the same wattage? or is the wattage split? any literature... send my way.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1756
www.bcae1.com has alot of great info for beginners...
and as for the 2 10's on a mono block, it depends on the sub and amp and Voice coil configurations

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5499
if u can afford it buy 2 JL 10w7 & a JL 1000/1 amp ......

Post Number: 2
I'll be running the system in a 1.3L suzuki swift with a 60amp alternator... don't need to be too loud. just need a little bass at a good quality.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5367
whats ur budget

Post Number: 3
hoping to keep it under 800CDN all in

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 271
If your in Canada, expect to pay much more for a dood system man. No real way around it. JL's are ridiculously overpriced. Alpine is overpriced but compared to others its your best bet.

Post Number: 4
kinda been driven to ebay as sadly as that sounds... local car audio shops are rediculously overpriced and even through ebay if I buy from the states shipping is horrendous. but any suggestions around that range $800cdn and remember I'm just needing a little bass. just enough to hear it and take the stress off the 6.5"s

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5373
12W3v2-D4
JL Audio 250/1

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 562
2 12" JL Audio W0s

Jl Audio 250/1 amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »