Time for a new box

Bronze Member
Username: Jarryd2018

Post Number: 81
Im about to buy a 12" alpine Type R and i need a good sealed box for it. its going in the back of my mustang so that can be a problem. i need a box thats narrow enough that if i decide to add another later on ill be able to fit it in there. ill be building the box myself so i just need someone to help me out with what cu/ft to use and help setting up the dimensions.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 262
If you tell me what deminsions of your trunk and about what shape you want your box and for like $10 I will draw you up a few boxs on my CAD program so that you can have a couple choices and send them to you via e-mail. I can design a box that you can make another of later if you do decide to get that other sub. if you are interested e-mail me all your trunk deminsion at
g_o_a_t_i_n@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
i really just wanted someone to suggest a good size in cu/ft. i can probably make the dimensions myself.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5489
I own 2 12" Rs & this is what i tell alot of ppl who ask this ? here

Each sub (if u r getting it brand new) comes with a detailed spec sheet on box vol u could use - i'd go with the optimal rec vol .....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5490
Oh - i must add that a sealed box is the easiest thing in the world 2 build if u use the calculators found here >>>>

www.the12volt.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
ive built several boxes. i just dont know what the best size would be for this particular sub. i want it to be pretty loud but remain clear. im staying sealed too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us