N0b question

Username: One2many

Post Number: 1
so im def. a n00b, but bear with me.
<br>
i bought 2 kicker comp cvr 12" dual voice coil 4 ohm subs and a sales an talked me into getting a MB Quart RAA2400 2-Channel Amplifier rather than the mono pwer acoustic i was going to get, but ive been reading and read that dual voice coil 4 ohms ran in paralel act as 2 ohm subs. the mb quart puts out 400 watts on 2 channels click <a href="http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2058">here<a/><br>
for specs (thats where i bought it from. does that mean each sub will berunning 200 watts (ie 200 per channel=400 watts total) or is it 400 watts per channel so each sub would be going at its full 400 watt power?

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 910
800 Watt - 4 Ohm - 14.4V DC - 1 channel(s)

wire your subs to 4 ohms and use the amp as one channel....if you can do that. how much power can the subs handle ...RMS of each??

Post Number: 2
400 watts rms each. again im kinda new to this so how do i wire the subs to4 ohms and still use the dual voice coils (ive heard if u wie them parallel hey act as 2 ohm and in series they act as 8 ohm)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5263
No offense i just wanted 2 post these

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Post Number: 3
haha, well deserved,i admit to my n00bness, funny pics btw

Silver Member

Post Number: 912
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 914
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 915
if you can return that amp, i would say to get a mono amp that is 400 RMS @one ohm, youll save some $$

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 380
why should he return it?? that amp is perfect for him and a great brand. wire your subs in parallel like in the picture above and bridge your amp and there you go. your amps manual should tell you how to bridge it.

Bronze Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 91
man don't be a fool 4 ohm DVC wire them 1 ohm, if you want an amp buy the ultra linear 1700nr it puts 800w rms at 1ohm and costs only 120 shipped, that's an option

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 381
I still say he should stay with the MB Quart, I mean why not?? He already has it, and also its a way better brand than "Ultra Linear". I went to a website to try and find those amps and they were being sold with Lanzar, Pyle, Legacy, Pyramid, Rockwood, Cyclone, ect... all those crappy amps. Just stay with your amp and do what i said above^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us