Off topic... electric fan by engine

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 408
i just replaced my heater core and i turn on my car and the electric fan doesnt go on... i know everyone hear knows car audio, but if you know somethin to why this would happen please answer.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 917
because you turn on your car doesnt mean the fan comes on right away!
Its an electric fan, so your car ECM controls it and turns it on. Certain parameters must be met, b4 it will turn on!

Now if the engine starts runing hot, because it dont turn on at all. then you have a problem in the circuit.

Bronze Member
Username: Parad0x

Post Number: 37
What B said.

If the symptom is the circuit, it could be a blown fuse, or even a bad fan motor. Try disconnecting the fan, and hooking it up directly to a battery and see if it turns. If it turns, the problem is somewhere else.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10948
I concur, though many times if the fan has failed, it's the relay for it that went.
in any event it's no big deal to fix or even replace.
I took the flex fan off of my V8 and added a three core radiator and dual electric fans to cut down on motor drag. they don't run full time.. only when the thermostat triggers them.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 409
my bad, the main fan does spin non-stop and works fine. but i am saying that my electric fan doesnt work because when i turn on my defrost my electric fan usually comes on for a few seconds and then turn back off and then comes back on again. The thing is, that before i replaced my heater core the electric fan was running when the engine was hot and when the defroster was on also.

but now it doesnt...

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 294
u changed something everything is not gonna work the same. the heater core might be a different capacity so now the fan just dont come on as often, as long as your car doesnt overheat it should be alright

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 410
yea, i am just stumped to why it doesnt come on even when my defrster is on. no matter what capacity it should be coming on still. i have turned my defroster on for like 10 minutes and it used to go on and off every 5 sec. but it didnt go on once in the 10 minutes. i am stumped.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 936
lol
thats not the electric fan, you are refering to the blower motor. that blows throw the vents and defrost?
it is normally mounted to the firewall of the engine.

what you need to do is what glasswolf said!
check the relay under the hood.

If thats bad, then you need to buy a new blower motor, if it doesnt power when you give it voltage.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 413
its not the blower moder. your talking about the electrical auxilary fan. never mind guys

thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us