Anyone using bandpass anymore?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 103
I need a temporary home for my new RE SX 15" and the only prefab enclosure that would be close to a ported one is a bandpass. I hardly see them anymore, but would it work with decent results as long as the port volume is large enough. Each sub is recommended to have 3.5 in a ported enclosure but with the bandpass where the center chamber (1.7 cuft) is sealed allowing the two subs to work in a push/pull configuration, wouldn't that effectively cut the needed chamber space of the ported side down by half? So instead of needing a 3.5 for each a 1.75 cu ft/chamber bandpass should work? This is only temporary as my other box is beingsold and I do not want to be bassless while I build the back seat baffle for them. Polo..

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10989
if this is a prefab box with the window and all, forget it.
the SX would implode that box.

if it's a built box reinforced and made from .75" MDF it would work.

people mostly avoid BP enclosures because of their limited usefulness. They are good for SPL though, if built and tuned right.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 111
Thanks Wolf. I was thinking of building one and mounting it below my deck lid being ported into the cabin. I was just looking for a way around the huge Cu ft needs of a ported enclosure. One big thing about band pass is that excursion, and power will be limited but high SPL can be great reward. Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us