Sort of odd Question =)

Username: P_f_t

Post Number: 1
i have a sort off odd question for anyone whos been around subs for alot longer than i have.

at concerts that have alot of heavy bass i get pumped up becouse i can feel the bass in my chest and stomach (almost fells like a nervouse feeling) =) i love it =P

now... i really want to know if i would be able to have that same feeling if i installed 2 Kicker S12L7's and a Kicker kx1200.1 amp. or would i need a larger system? say like 2 S15L7's and a KX2500.1 ?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5194
2 S15L7's and a KX2500.1 might do u good .......

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2014
you can get really loud bass out of 2 L715's and a kx1200.1...but it will not be the same bass you expirience and a concert

sound wave react differently in a car compared to the way the act in an open area. Most concert setups are comprised of loaded horn enclosures w/ large subs. (some of these enclosures are huge) In a open area, bass sounds completly different than it does in a car.

you can however, create an good listening environment in your car. but if you are looking for clean sounding bass, i would advise you to stay clear of solobarics. L7/L5's can get loud, but they lack in sound quality environment. if you are looking for loud, great sounding bass...take a look at subs like:

adire brahma
adire tumult
resonant engineeing xxx
sound splinter rl-s
imaging dynamics idmax
JL audio w7

Bronze Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 61
Or two RE SX 15's each pumped with a Kicker KX1200.1 .. ;)

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 62
XXX( 2006 model) isn't available for another month for the 12's and 15's in two months. Just got off the phone with the dude..Polo..

Post Number: 2
i was thinking about 2 s15l7's and a kx1200.1 but wasnt sure if it was egnough to power them

Post Number: 3
Would the kx1200.1 be able to power 2 S15L7's without any problems?

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 64
They aren't all that efficient but sure you could but if you haven't bought them yet look into something more efficient. If you already have the subs then maybe look into getting a 2500.1 mono amp. Polo..

Post Number: 4
i actually havent bought anything yet. i drive a regular cab S-10 right now and have no room for subs except the crappy 6" bazooka i have behind the seat.

i plan to get a Blazer soon and am sort of just planning what im going to do.

im looking to spend about 2000-2500$ for everything

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 873
2 JL audio 12W7's powered by 2 JL audio 1000/1. That is all you need.

Post Number: 5
ok... i have another question does 2 DVC 4ohm subs wired in parallel equal a 1ohm load?

Post Number: 6
nm found my answer =)

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 540
fontget the l7's. they suck. get an eclipse ti. It will sound better and probably louder too.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 541
i mean don't get ^
|
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us