Pioneer

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 128
i'm getting a new headunit for my car and was wondering if the pioneer deh-p80mp is a good unit. i'm looking to spend around 300 and was wondering what is good. i wa looking at alpine and pioneer. any input is appreciated. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 760
pioneer/premier is the best

get a DEH-P770MP..the pioneer site says its 300...so youll find it cheaper elsewhere....next step up is 440..but then again you can find it cheaper elsewhere...

get a prmier head unit...they are made by pioneer but they are better

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4397
honestly the alpine headunits are ok but not what they used to be at all

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
isn't hte 80 the next step up? its 100 bucks off only 300

Silver Member

Post Number: 764
u may be right
..any pioneer/premier head unit above 300 and youll be very good.

im sure they all have it...but make sure u get one that has "subwoofer control" and not bass control....bc if u dont have a bass controll knob wired from your amp....and u dont have subwoofer control on the HU....u have no way of changing the bass...bc when u turn up the basss on the EQ it will turn up the bass in all speakers which is bad

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
i have a kicker 1200.1 with the wired bass know but can you explain that again i didnt quite catch it. will i be alright with the know or do i need the control too

Silver Member

Post Number: 766
well you have the knob so dont worry about bass control

most head units have an equalizer....bass trebble and midrange settings. on a cheaper head unit..when you turn up the bass, the bass in all the speakers in the car turns up which sounds bad.

on more expensive models of head units there is a more customizable equalizer that actualy has some extra settings.one of them being subwoofer control. so instead of turning up bass in ALL speakers, it just does so in the subs...

but as i said...you have the knob so no worries

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1254
No the deh-p8mp is the premier line, the Premier line is short 1 zero, like the 7700mp is the 770mp

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
so should i not get the pioneer and look for a premier? or is the pioneer a good unit?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4402
we used to carry the premire line at the shop I worked at it seemed like good stuff

Silver Member

Post Number: 777
premier is better

pioneer is easier to get

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1265
premier is better, better rca voltage and plating and warranty

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
is there anywhere i can get a premier headunit online? i was looking for an authorized pioneer dealer but none of them carry the premier line. the only one is tweeter who is in store pick up only.
is there much or a difference between the pioneer deh-p80mp and hte premier deh-p8mp? there are small differences but are they really important? and what are the important differences?

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
bump

Anonymous

http://www.woofersetc.com/
http://www.speedsound.com/
ebay

not sure about the differences

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
i found a tweeter and can get the deh-p8mp for 300 bucks... is it a good deal, i was playing around with it in the store and it was some what confusing with the one knob, does it get easier as you learn to use it? would i be better off with a clarion or something. I also want to filter the bass out of the speakers and sent it to the subs, the headunit said it has a crossover but i couldnt seem to find it, is there a special way to use the crossover or will i need to buy an external crossover. I need info asap as i was planning on buying the hu tonight. any input is appreciated thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 13
I have a Pioneer HU, and my friend has the one we all remember the premier one with the dolphins (the original) and both have been amazing for over a year. I have no gripes whatsoever with mine. It powers my interior speakers very well. They definitely get easier to use as you learn it. They also have probably close to double the features that you first realize when messing around with it. Like mine has a L M H equalizer, but when I really started experimenting with the buttons, I found it has a second equalizer with like 12 different frequency settings you can adjust! And mine is a DEH-P4600!!, I got it for 63 bucks new a year ago (worked at circuit city and I abused the system) and I found out a year later that its got at least a 12 band eq built in, hahaha. Anyways, I would definitely recommend the premier line HU's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
haven't gotten it yet any one else? bumppp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us