Cars

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 606
what cars around the year 2000 do you guys think would sound the best with 2 12" w6v2's just getting a new car and cant decide on what to get and just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4732
hatch back or SUv tend to sound the best besause its open to the trunk.

Bronze Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 71
I prefer a sedan.

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 608
i kind of want a sedan any idea of kinds cause i am afraid of the back seat stopping a lot of the sound cause of to much stuff there if you no what i mean i was thinking of a grand am gt but wasnt sure if it would be good at all

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4738
you are going to have to port the trunk into the cabin somehow to get good performance. Most people remove the rerar speakers and use the empty holes as cabin ports, or cut holes into the back deck under the carpet, or remove the barrier behind the rear seat. It is tough to get sedan's to sound as pure and loud as a hatchback with the same equipment but can be done with some creativity.

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 126
james where do they put their speakers if they remove them.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2955
You either keep your rearfill speakers or you dont. If you dont care about having rearfill speakers and want better bass response then i whould remove the rearfill speakers so that way more air comes into the cabin of the car. IN my last sedan i kept the rearfill speakers and it still sounded very good but not as loud as if you take the speakers out or fold down the rear seats.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4742
there ya go Mo answered it!

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 467
do you think CDT HD-62's w/ a JL 300/2 in stock spots would be loud enough without rear fill in a 3000GT which is a hatchback

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4744
yes depending on the subs and type of enclosure but in majority of applications that will be plenty.

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 468
i might have the speakers in before i get the subs in, depending on how long it takes someone to install everything for me. should i leave my rearfill in before i get my subs in?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4745
yeah why not.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5542
For audio in general (not just subs), you want a car with a flat, symmetrical dash, low center console, and good pathlengths from the front speakers. You don't want a car that has the speaker far recessed into the door panel, nor has a lot of plastic or metal masking the dispersion of the midbass/midrange driver.

For subs, hatchbacks are typically the better bet. Sedans can work, but you'll want to vent the package tray. Sedans also work well with subs IB on the rear shelf, or mounted the same way with the addition of AP membranes.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 345
ok, I wish to keep my rear speakers (movies)

I drive a 94 Saturn SC2...I can fold the seats down...but when I have passengers the seat is up. I noticed JAMES LONGO said you can cut holes from the rear deck under the carpet....what it this and any way someone can explain it or show it to me?

thanks alot!

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 613
ok haks for the answer's guys looks like i might be moving towards a hatch then. cause i like the sound of rear fill speaks i no you guys say you dont need them but i just think they add a little to it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us