Which RE sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Titanbk

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 62
I have decided to go with an RE sub for all out SPL. Now should I go with 2 RE SX 15's with 2 re 12.1s? Or now I am thinking 1 RE XXX 15 with either Kicker 2500.1 or Orion 2500.1. I am using right now a 5 cu. ft. ported box, I have a HO alt and 2 batteries. What do you think? I want to make the jump over 150 dbs. this season.

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 459
the XXX is about as loud as a single SX, maybe a little less, but has better SQ(from what ive been told). If you want all out SPL, get an MT.

Bronze Member

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 63
I am just alittle worried about getting a sub without a warrenty is all.

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 45
Sx's are supposedly louder than w7s. I have two 12s in a 5 ft^3 tuned to 33 hz and it blows me away. But then again I'm in a single cab truck... But heck, they pound. Get two.

Bronze Member

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 64
So from what thigpen said it makes it sound like the SX is better for SPL than the XXX. Is this the case?

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 268
yes the sx is better at spl than the xxx and the the xxx has better sq. but they both have great sq and spl.

Bronze Member

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 65
Which is better to run to a RE SX? Kicker 1200.1 or the RE 12.1?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 768
If you want SPL, you should definately go MT. An X.X.X is going to be about as loud as an SX because the X.X.X has higher power handling.

Bronze Member

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 66
is it worth it to buy the MT even though it doesn't have a warranty? I'm not exactley the richest guy in the world and if it blows I dont know whether it will be time and cost effective to replace it before the next show. Whats the power rating on th e MT's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us