I need a new sub help me out

Bronze Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 15
I got a 2500d orion mono amp. It was pushing a mofo 15 for about two weeks but even with the amp tunred way down the sucker burned up. Now I need a new sub and I need one that can handle the power more effectivly. My range is under $500 and its going in a sealed custom box measuring at about 3.5 cu ft. Im going for more sq than spl. I've been looking at the RE XXX or SX does anyone else have any other suggestions of something that I wont have to worry about over powering.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4788
I wouldnt run either one of those sealed.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1157
and you would be overpowering both of those by a lot, the only single sub that could handle that much power is the mt, but that may not have enough sq for you, mabey a rl-s http://www.soundsplinter.com/rls_supreme_series_LMT_12_inch_and_15_inch_diy_subw oofer_drivers.html it might work not sure though.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2011
an sound splinter LMT sub would be a good choice for a sealed box application. (their qts is really high) But the 12" is $499+ship.

that 2500d puts out ~1000w at 4ohm, so the SS LMT would be a good match...but instead of 3.5cuft, you may wanna try 4.5cuft sealed w/ the LMT.

also, you may wanna wait for the new RE XXX to come out...it would prolly be a nice choice aswell.

Unregistered guest
i have a eclipse 15" ti and i am running it at 1200rms in a ported box and it still does not max out on excursion i think it would be fine to put 1700 rms to it in a sealed box. the ti series are very good SQL subs. look on ebay you can get them "buy it now" for $370 shipped or i waited a while, found an auction and got mine for $225 in great condition.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1654
u can get a 15 inch Ti for355 at www.electronicgiant.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us