Are they gunna BLOW ??

Bronze Member
Username: Goatin

Post Number: 46
Can I hook up 2 750wrms DVC subs to a 1 OHM mono 1500wrms amp? I guess my question is can the subs somehow get overpowered or is the wattage spread evenly over the coils?I can not find anything on this topic..

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 556
as long as the subs are wired correctly then you will be fine. the wattage will be spread evenly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Would it be best to wire them in series?

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 758
u wont be able to over power them. are they 2 ohm dvc or 4 ohm dvc

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
They are 2 ohm per coil 15" Kicker solo L5's Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 762
you can wire them together to 2 ohms....not 1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
So if I find a amp that pumps 1500wrms that is 2 ohms stable it will work fine?

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
yea...try kicker...their amps are all stable at 2 ohms instaed of 1..and their O6 lineup is comin out soon..u may be able to get it now im not sure

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 409
You can wire both subs together for Two ohms not 1 you would need 4 ohms DVC to be able to wire them both together for 1 ohm...

http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2425

The Link above would be my first choice for powering those Subs with, Does 2500@ 2 ohms X 1
its give you lots of headroom as well an its only 355 bucks i dont think you are going to be able to find a better price for an amp that does that much power at 2ohms .. but if you have lots of money buy the kicker Kx2500.1.. but if you dont have lots of money your best bet is the one at ikesound that i gave a link to

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 410
Or you could just look around for somthing that does 1500X1 @ 2ohms but i always like to give myself lots of headroom so thats why i would go with somthing that does between 2000 an 2500 rms at 2 ohms

Silver Member

Post Number: 767
2500 RMS would be too much if your subs are only about 1500 RMS

if thats the only system youl have and u dont plan on upgrading..i would say to match the RMS of the amp with the RMS of the subs

because you know that you will push the subs higher than they should go....who wouldnt use all the watts if they had them..

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 412
I would still get atleast 500 more then what they need

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 413
Blain BTW what you running now ? still got those Weak Audiobahns with that soundstrom Junk or did you up ur system, i remeber you saying you were changing up but i dont frequent the site so i thought i would ask???? i see that you have learned alot from being around this site, i remeber when you knew nothing at all

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 414
Mitchell ,, How strong of an alternator do you have??? do you know how many amps it is ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
I found a hifonics 1500x1 @ 2 ohm is hifonics anygood?

Silver Member

Post Number: 768
yea man....ive learned soooooo much here....enough to wire the new system in my car...the audiobahns are still in there hahah

im upgrading to RE...2 12.1 amps...two 12" SX.....2400 watts RMS...

but now i cant really decide if i should get one amp....and two SE's (1200 watts rms)
or two amps and two SX's (2400)rms

i just dont relaly have a sense of how many watts i want...bc my amp says 1600 watts but its the cheapest amp ever...so who knows what its really puttin out

i willprobably end up getting 2 tho..i just dont want a new alt.

then after im done with taht ill get some new speakers and a 4 ch.

Silver Member

Post Number: 769
yea hifonics is good for the price...not TOP quality...but if u want a little bit cheaper it is the way to go

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
106amp stock.
For now I am looking.

Silver Member

Post Number: 770
get a kicker zx 1500.1

hifonics puts out about 70% of the rated watts

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 415
If you get an Amp that is CEA compliant an puts out its rated power at 14.4 volts then if your alt isnt strong enough to get ur battery at a constant 14.4 volts when your sysetm is turned up, then your subs are never going to see 750rms each eitherway so the amp you get really doesnt matter unless you Upgarde your alternator

Silver Member

Post Number: 771
for every 1000 watts you run..you need about 100amps
ive heard that is for test tones tho, and when you arelistening to regualr music abiotu about half that...but imean...i have a 110 amp alt and i have to turn down the system at stoplights bc my voltage meter pulses to the music hahah

youll be fine ..but a new alternator in the future would help

Silver Member

Post Number: 772
yea man....ive learned soooooo much here....enough to wire the new system in my car...the audiobahns are still in there hahah

im upgrading to RE...2 12.1 amps...two 12" SX.....2400 watts RMS...

but now i cant really decide if i should get one amp....and two SE's (1200 watts rms)
or two amps and two SX's (2400)rms

i just dont relaly have a sense of how many watts i want...bc my amp says 1600 watts but its the cheapest amp ever...so who knows what its really puttin out

i willprobably end up getting 2 tho..i just dont want a new alt.

then after im done with taht ill get some new speakers and a 4 ch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
alternator's I can get for ~$150-$200 amps are an investment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
is there any formula for figuring the port size for a sub box?

Silver Member

Post Number: 773
haha i let the box making up to klausaudio...so i dont know

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 416
A 1500rms amp would need atleast 120 amps itself just to put out its rated RMS power.. so with 1500rms you might get away with a 106 amp alt but probably barely, an what i mean by get away with it is that you might not have to worry about waken up almost all the time to a car that wont start because you ran your system the other day, but it will probably only keep your battery right above the point of death, like probably around 12 volts is what it will stay at but 12 might not kill the battery unless it goes below that a few times but 12 volts wont let an amp thats rated for 1500 at 14.4 volts make 1500rms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
How many amps does a car use at full load?

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 417
its said that the car itself uses around 60 percent of the output of the alt

Silver Member

Post Number: 775
im not sure....but unless u got the $ dont buy a new alt. until you need it.i mean...your not gonna be listening to the system allll the way up ..allllll the time

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 418
at idle the engine uses less but at idle the alternator also puts out less.. so if you have a 1500rms amp i wouldnt advise sitting at idle running your system at full blare

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
How do you think one of these would sound in a 6 cubic foot box?

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 419
Mane , you probably couldnt even turn ur stereo up past 35 or so without bringin your battery down to 11 volts while sitting at an idle.. an the battery will come back from going that low only a hand full of times so if you keep doing that to your batterys ur just gonna be getting new ones all the time because the ones you have wont be accepting a charge any longer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
So if I were to get a 160amp alt. I could run it full blast all the time except at idle without hurting anything?

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 420
Yeah, it might not stay at 14.4 but it will stay in the 13 volts area which is fine, an if you still wanna use it when sitting at idle just put a yellowtop under the hood because even if you bring that thing below 11volts as long as you turn off the stereo an you let the battery charge back up off the alt for a while before truing off the car then you shouldnt have to worry about anything

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 421
Now Blaines heart is in the right place but he hasnt had any real life experience with a very power comsuming system, hes just going on what hes heard an read but ive had systems kill me so i know.....My first couple of systems werent much power wise then i got a decent system in my 87 Cadillac fleetwood an it killed me, it was a RF T10001BD an i had it wired to two subs at 1 ohm mono an it was rated to put out 1000rms at 1 ohm but the Birth sheet said it did 1450 at 1 ohm so it was doing some where around 1400rms an the alt was 110amps an it couldnt cut it, my car was always dead so i got the alt tested an they said it was working so i knew what my problem was an i bought a 180amp alt off ebay an didnt have any further problems but then i got different subs and a second T10001BD an again i started haven power consumption problems so i had to add two yellow tops one under the hood an one in the trunk... then i got a Second car ( A 96 Cadillac Seville ) an i got two Subs an a Audiobahn A2300HCT amp an This car has a 140amp alt on it an the subs were only wired to the amp for 2 ohms so one to each channel should have only been pulling 1200rms total but still the 140amp alt couldnt cut it so i put one yellow top under the hood an a Cap an now its been staying above 12 volts but its still isnt enough an i recently bought 2 Orion 2500Rms amps an i ordered a 300Amp alt so ill be putting that in soon an now i just gotta figure out which subs i wanna use with my new Orion amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 781
two 2500d's?

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us